I know strings are supposed to last like 6 months, but whenever I get new strings and start using them, they rust REALLY fast, to the point of breaking when I try to pick a string while bending.

Anyone know why? Are there specific kinds of strings that dont rust?
coated strings will last longer i have the same problem but i hate how coated strings feel so you could get stainless strings though they eat the frets faster
pro tools operator certified
agile in-ceptor 727
gibson:les-paul studio
fender:strat
ibanez:prestiege s2170se s520ex
esp:ec-1000vb
splawn nitro kt88s
genz-bends g-flex

Quote by Punkismygod
U sure u want a floydrose? those things will make your nerves explode
Clean your strings after you're done playing at the end of each day and use Fast Fret. I go a year between string changes.
try wiping down your guitar strings when your done playing or periodically while your playing if your sweating that much.

I've never had my strings rust, although I never leave them on for 6 months either. I usually try to change them once they start sounding dull.
Last edited by mh1986 at Oct 6, 2011,
Quote by KG6_Steven
Clean your strings after you're done playing at the end of each day and use Fast Fret. I go a year between string changes.

How would I clean them? Just run a cloth along the strings and under them?
Do your hands sweat? Talc your hands before playing. It'll also make them smell nice.
You can run a paper towel down and around the strings after playing if you really want.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Fast Fret comes with a cotton cloth for wiping the strings. It also has a dauber loaded with special oil for the keeping your strings looking like new.