How do i know if i need to adjust my truss rod? And how do i know if it needs to be tightened or loosened? I've fiddle with my bridge but as far as i know. That's only half the battle when it comes to adjusting action/ridding fret buzz.
Quote by robquest
How do i know if i need to adjust my truss rod? And how do i know if it needs to be tightened or loosened? I've fiddle with my bridge but as far as i know. That's only half the battle when it comes to adjusting action/ridding fret buzz.

click the green link in my sig.

look at the first post.

basically if you are having setup issues,
action wont get low enough without buzz that transmits thru the amp.

and you've tried lowering the bridge already,
then depending on where the fret buzz is coming from,
a truss rod adjustment might help.

before turning the rod.
check the thread, measure and let me know what
fits in the guitar's middle gap.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Here's how to do it:
If your neck is a C-shape, then put a capo on the first fret. If not, then depress the strings on the first fret everythine you check the relief.
Press the last fret on the sixth string, then check the relief by slightly tapping the 7th fret. If the relief thickness is thick as a credit card, then your truss rod has too much neck curvature. If the relief is the thickness of a hair, or if the strings are sitting on the first few frets, then you don't have enough curvature.
Hope this helps,
parhelia_0000