Howdy :3
I'm very much into my high gain guitar tones and i have an obsession with trying my best to find a tone that can still sound a bit unique compared to others. I've been looking into overdrive pedals and i've noticed that the MaxonOD808 And Ibanez Tubescreamers (or TS9) are very popular among guitarists who want to a little boost to their metal distortions. They do sound great, but i want to find other unique pedals that might make my sound a bit more interesting. I've looking into pedals such as the Blackstar HT-Drive And HT-Boost and they've definitely caught my interest. I've also heard many great things about the Sonic Maximizer (which i don't think is an overdrive, but i hear cleans up your tone).

If anyone has tried any of these pedals or any other overdrive pedals that they think would add a nice twist to my distortion, please let me know )

Thanks again everyone!
Nor
really is gonna depend on your amp.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
The Sonic Maximizer isn't an OD, it's more like a simplified equalizer, but it's still not as good as one.

It depends on what amp you have, as well. Different ODs will react with different amps differently.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
It does depend on your amp, but i have a hardwire cm7 tube overdrive, its pretty sweet, hi and lo controls as well as switchable modes that allows you to achieve a normal tubescreamer voicing or a hotter more trebley tone. Gives all the pros of a tubescreamer, with more versatility
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Hughes and Kettner Tube Factor. It's expensive as hell, though. But it can serve as a pristine clean boost, more of a Tubescreamer boost, or as a standalone unit to get gratuitous amounts of distortion.

But a cheaper option would be either a clean boost like a BBE Boosta Grande or a Tubescreamer, like you said.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The Blackstars have a lot of adjustability for EQ and have ISF so you could probably get a lot of sounds from them. Not sure what the tone is like though... the Dist-X is a bit muddy.