Page 1 of 3
I'm sure a lot of you have seen the front page news on UG about this, but what a lot of you WON'T see was my comment, which was a youtube link, and since it wasn't highlighted, will just fade into obscurity like the rest of the hate or praise comments (it's not exactly one sided here..).

So here it is again, just in case you (inevitably) missed it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcDpnxtqsc&feature=related

No, it's not a hate rant video, but a performance of the man whom I believe SHOULD fill the role of the late Mercury.

But that, of course, is just my opinion. This is a public forum, so I'd like to hear the public's opinion. Who do you think would be a better or more interesting fit?

Sound off.. and.. wait for it..
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
I don't like Queen (see sig), but when I think about Lady Gaga singing Freddie Mercury tracks, I could see her doing quite well at that.
Quote by goest
I'd like it if Queen just stopped.

This. Queen is not even a band without Freddie.
Quote by goest

I disagree. However, I'm thankful that Adam Lambert turned them down.
XBL GamerTag = IAmSentient6

My gear:
Ibanez Artist
ESP ltd Viper 200
Schecter Diamond 8

Amps:
Marhshall MG30 (for sale)
Line 6 Spider III Half Stack (mine forever)
Interested in Melodic Thrash Metal? ALUSTRIUM AND LAST NAIL DRIVEN!
Quote by goest

This.

Lady Gaga could pull it off well, but to be honest, I liked her as a musician when she was just a straight up electronic-pop singer. I like her new music, but I don't care for the rock act to be honest. It's her music though.
No. NO. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS FUCK.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
You're not girly enough of a boy for me, and you're not man enough to take the top. So like, sorry bitch but you ain't mine! Sorry.
Quote by CaRveItiNbass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGcDpnxtqsc&feature=related

No, it's not a hate rant video, but a performance of the man whom I believe SHOULD fill the role of the late Mercury.

But that, of course, is just my opinion. This is a public forum, so I'd like to hear the public's opinion. Who do you think would be a better or more interesting fit?

Sound off.. and.. wait for it..

That dude would kick ass in musical theater or Queen.

Gaga wouldn't sound right. Maybe I'm biased, I love pop music but I'm not that into her.
That is a terrible idea Gaga would just taint the greatness that was Queen they need to get Marc Martel to join
I'd be against it simply because I don't think she's a good fit. Much as a lot of people on here hate her, she's actually a decent artist, but she's just not Freddie.

Now, if they can find someone who can fit the role, I'd be willing to give it a shot. But unless that album was genuinely awesome, I'd prefer them to hang it up while there's only one Queen album that isn't awesomely awesome(that Queen + Paul Rodgers one)
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I think it'd be pretty damn sweet.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
You're all wrong. Queen died with Freddie.
Bands I've seen live:

Def Leppard
Journey
Tool
Testament
Megadeth
Slayer
Mastodon
Deftones
Alice in Chains
Foo Fighters
Rodrigo y Gabriela
i'd love to see her on vocals for Queen. i admit, i'm not a huge Queen fan, but she does have a great voice and it might open people up to the fact that she actually DOES possess vocal talent and isn't just another pop icon.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by British Josh
You're all wrong. Queen died with Freddie.

This is what I came in here to say.

I do think that this project will be interesting though...just not interesting enough for me to care about/follow.
Why don't do they get gaga and perform under a different name. Than the wouldn't alienate queen fans, and even if they performed a lot of queen songs, everyone would know that they are queen and gaga
RIP Gooze

cats
i don't think anyone could really replace Freddie but who knows, i haven't heard Lady Gaga singing Queen covers, she might be good at them.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
I think Lady Gaga hasn't finished with her solo career yet, so it wouldn't be a great move for her to abandon the Lady Gaga persona just yet.
I see nothing special about the guy in the OP. Any guy who can sing half decently could do that performance
It will either totally fail. (I'm pretty sure it will) or it will be epic.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Devin Townsend could do it better than anyone else.

He shouldn't though, because Queen are shit.
Quote by goest

yes. led zeppelin did a good job imo of stopping. queen isnt queen anymore, its brian may and whoever the rest of the band happens to be. as coolas it would be to hear gaga sing their songs, its definately not necassary
Couldn't be any worse than Paul Rodgers.
Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything.

—Chick Corea
Quote by whalepudding
Devin Townsend could do it better than anyone else.

He shouldn't though, because Queen are shit.

his music is already queen influenced. dude, the day before yesterday i got hella baked with my friend and he put on the mighty masturbator on his super big wall of sound speakers and when it got metal i nearly shat myself, i couldnt stop laughing the entire song because it overwhelmed my brain and laughing was the only thing that made sense.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
yes. led zeppelin did a good job imo of stopping. queen isnt queen anymore, its brian may and whoever the rest of the band happens to be. as coolas it would be to hear gaga sing their songs, its definately not necassary

Hey, don't forget Roger Taylor. The best backing vocalist ever.

And this happens everytime Brian mentions something about working with someone. Same with Adam Lambert, everyone thought he was going to front Queen but all there was talk of was maybe a collaboration on a track.

I saw Queen + Paul Rodgers at Wembley Arena in 2008 and it was by far the best concert I have EVER seen.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I don't see how you can hate the greatest band of all time.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Queens' memory shouldn't be tarnished with the thought of her performing with them. Queen is too good for some Pop star who will be yesterday's news before we know it.
Lady Gaga is a lot more iconic than your "average pop star".

Then again I don't know anything about her music.
Page 1 of 3