Page 1 of 2
While reading some threads today, i realized almost all of the pit's threads follow exactly the same timeline.

Page 1 - OP, mandatory penis joke, witty "this thread sucks" remark, funny meme and or gif

Page 3 or so - Posts start to take the form of coherent sentences and have a reasonable amount of logic behind the statements

Page 5 or so - a flame war has been started between people with two opposing viewpoints, posts are now in paragraph form

Page 10 and up - Flame war is in full effect, most posts are now to book length, and there is no end in sight

Does anyone else notice this in quite a few threads?

Thoughts?
Gear:

Gibson SG Special
Fender MIM Standard Strat (SSS)
Squire Bullet Strat
Marshall 6100LM
Vox DA5
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
This thread sucks.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this
Lately it's more like:

1. harmless, innocent bit of everyday funniness
2. everyone's playing along
3. one of a few dicks-who-shall-not-be-named comes out of nowhere seriously berating the shit out of said harmless/innocent fun
4. thread becomes impotent and constipated

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Your threads suck and your observation sucks.

Also, you have a tiny penis.

Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Oct 7, 2011,
This is background babble you are reading. Don't pay attention to it. Oh shit. Too late. You did, sucka. Whatcha gunna do now?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
This is background babble you are reading. Don't pay attention to it. Oh shit. Too late. You did, sucka. Whatcha gunna do now?

I'm gonna respond with a meaningless post that you shouldn't pay attention to either, but oh too late.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
I decree we skip the few pages of sensible comments and get right to the flame war.
Ahem.
BTBAM are the liberal weenie-cunts of the music world. Also, gays, minorities and women should all be raped by Hitler, who was cut down too soon.
Any logical retorts to this immaculately constructed thesis will be met with extreme fury.

Which way I fly is Hell; myself am Hell;
And, in the lowest deep, a lower deep
Still threatening to devour me opens wide,
To which the Hell I suffer seems a Heaven.

Bored? read these, or this

gif and a meme for good measure.

How do we fill the gap between pages 1 and 3?
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Since I'm assuming you're not using 40ppp, I'll continue the trend.

Jesus is your one true savior, abortion is murder, 100% of pot smokers die (THAT'S LIKE ALL OF THEM,) each cigarette you smoke decreases your lifespan by five years (unless you're a non-smoker, in which case get off your high horse you pretentious douchebag,) you should always give up your seat on the bus to a woman, and liberals are elitist pussies that don't understand how the world works.
Quote by mystical_1
tl;dr

One page too late, buddy.

EDIT: Also, you forgot to put Kensai as either the first reply in the thread or a gif that he posts somewhere later in the thread of him either being surprised or walking out of the thread again.
Last edited by devourke at Oct 7, 2011,
You know what? I kind of agree with TS.
Posting on the internet seems to follow some kind of unwritten law, and try as we might, it is very difficult to break. In fact, most times if you do break the order, you will be called out as a douche or troll or some shit.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Twist of fate
^Who do you think you are!? Clearly there is no intelligent design to the universe, nor in a forum thread. As read in Stephen Hawking's latest book. I call troll.

Twistedit: Oh wait we're not on page 9 yet

I don't care what you think. In fact, your opinion is completely wrong and has no logic or sources to back it up. TS clearly said 'Page 5 or so' is when flame wars started.
So by saying page 9 you display your ignorance, and the fact that you obviously didn't read the op. Also, he clearly said 'or so', meaning that it isn't so defined that we have no room for movement. Indeed, flame wars often get started earlier than page 5, however it is less likely.
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
*Ignorant strawmanning*

I refer you again to the Carl Sagan video: http://www.youtube.com?v=Gh7qHhwk (That's a bunch of random letters and numbers, so it's not actually a real video)

This proves beyond a doubt that if we let go of the capitalist idealogies then we can truly have free will. Until then all the sheeple of the world will continue to obey, comsume, procreate.
*Lisa needs braces*...

*dental plan*...
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Oct 7, 2011,
Quote by devourke
I refer you again to the Carl Sagan video: http://www.youtube.com?v=Gh7qHhwk (That's a bunch of random letters and numbers, so it's not actually a real video)

This proves beyond a doubt that if we let go of the capitalist idealogies then we can truly have free will. Until then all the sheeple of the world will continue to obey, comsume, procreate.

Jesus ****ing christ, I'm surprised you didn't try to tell me that 9/11 was a conspiracy. Oh, and of course, the government is evil and capitalism causes cancer
I'm done with this shit. You guy's are just a bunch of trolls
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Lopez72
Page 10 and up - Flame war is in full effect, most posts are now to book length, and there is no end in sight

Wait... So the flame war never ends?
Oh shit
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by Zoot Allures
Edit buttons are jazz.

I lolled.

At your pitiful arguments. Seriously? It's a complete breach of everyone else in the thread's basic rights to pursure happpiness how could yoou be sor etarded? Just because we post in the thread wearing frumpy clothing doesn't mean we don't want to get raped.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by devourke
I lolled.

At your pitiful arguments. Seriously? It's a complete breach of everyone else in the thread's basic rights to pursure happpiness how could yoou be sor etarded? Just because we post in the thread wearing frumpy clothing doesn't mean we don't want to get raped.

Yeah! What an etard!
****ing hipsters with their skinny jeans and glasses without lenses.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Page 1 of 2