I'm getting a 6505+ tomorrow and the volume on the lead channel is messed up. It still produces sound even when the knob is at 0. I'm assuming it's the volume pot and was wondering how hard it was to change one out?
No, it's pretty normal. My Valveking still produces sound at 0 with the gain past a certain threshold.

Given that the 6505+ is a br00tz amp, it's not surprising that it would do the same.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm fairly sure my Orange does this on the dirty channel as well, if you have the gain maxed out and the volume completely down you still get signal coming through, as sound obviously.
yeah my 6505+ does it too, until you put a noise gate on it, then you just get your usual hum
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

-insert humorous quote from some other forum user here-
6505s are very noisy amps mate

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
its a shame, they should come with a built in noise gate, and a tubescreamer, and a graphic eq. That would be the ultimate metal amp
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

Quote by DJ2109
its a shame, they should come with a built in noise gate, and a tubescreamer, and a graphic eq. That would be the ultimate metal amp

Just add $320 to your amp budget, and you'll be set.
NT

BE QUICK OR BE DEAD SON
Quote by Jarrett#4
I'm getting a 6505+ tomorrow and the volume on the lead channel is messed up. It still produces sound even when the knob is at 0. I'm assuming it's the volume pot and was wondering how hard it was to change one out?

Do you mean hiss, or that you can hear your guitar while at zero?

You should have no noise at zero if not playing. However, you will hear your guitar at zero. I have a 6505 head. I can barely play in my temp apartment on zero (still pretty loud guitar), but there is no other noise.
Last edited by D_M_I at Oct 7, 2011,
Quote by NosralTserrof
Just add $320 to your amp budget, and you'll be set.

I know, but think of all the forum sheep that would buy it with all the stuff already built in, 'cus like it has all the things EVERY high gain amp needs to sound anywhere near playable, without those items they are pure trash
Gear
Ltd Mp-600
Cort X-6 SM
Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange ppc212 cab
Digitech GSP1101
Dunlop 535q Crybaby

I have soundcloud!

I also have a DSP

Quote by D_M_I
Do you mean hiss, or that you can hear your guitar while at zero?

You should have no noise at zero if not playing. However, you will hear your guitar at zero. I have a 6505 head. I can barely play in my temp apartment on zero (still pretty loud guitar), but there is no other noise.

It hisses but you can also hear the guitar while it's at zero
Also I have an ISP Decimator... what is the proper way to run that pedal on this amp? Put in in front or run it threw the effects loop?
Quote by Jarrett#4
Also I have an ISP Decimator... what is the proper way to run that pedal on this amp? Put in in front or run it threw the effects loop?

try both and and use whichever way works best for you. personally i put gates infront.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Put it in front, after modulation and before and additional distortion/od. My 6505 is definitely clearly audible on zero on the lead channel. my Boss noise suppressor works great
Peavy 6505
Crate G1500
BBE 381
Hamer Standard Flametop
Paul Reed Smith Soap-Bar Maple II
Paul Reed Smith Santana
ProCo Solo, H20 Liquid Chorus

Thrash will never die