Hey folks.. I play stuff like lamb of god, pantera, as i lay dying, alter bridge, etc, etc.. I've a budget of 10-15k Indian Rupees (Thats like 200-300 US$). I'm looking out to buy a processor.. Confused among the choices that I have over here. Was going through Zoom G2.1Nu and Korg AX3000G, I guess those are the one's which I can get very quickly over here, else will have to import other one's. Whats your opinion? Which processor would be suitable for me? N yeah, I plan to use it for live gigs.

Thanks !!
Never tried either but I would stay well away from any twin footswitch MFX for live use. I've previously had a Digitech RP255 but having to scroll patch by patch through a set list can get a bit problematic!
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
The two pedals you mention are worlds apart.

I've not used the AX3000G, but I have an AX1000G, and it's way better than the Zoom stuff. Sounds better and built better.
i have zoom G2.1u (older version of G2.1Nu) and it's really nice for home use and some occasional recording. It should be okay for gigs as well, but as was mentioned before, the scrolling through patches can be quite troublesome. Also you can't use it as a stompbox (you'd need separate patches for that or use the expression pedal for it, which isn't really ideal)

I think it would probably be better to save up a bit more and get POD HD300. It's twice the price of the zoom and over you budget, but i think it's well worth the money and the difference in possibilities is huge ^^
Hey, check out these sites: Bajaao.com and furtadosonline.com .. both of these are indian sites and ship all over the country... i can vouch for the first one.. have bought most of my gear from them... but the second ones are also pretty famous.
Quote by KorYi
i have zoom G2.1u (older version of G2.1Nu) and it's really nice for home use and some occasional recording. It should be okay for gigs as well, but as was mentioned before, the scrolling through patches can be quite troublesome. Also you can't use it as a stompbox (you'd need separate patches for that or use the expression pedal for it, which isn't really ideal)

I think it would probably be better to save up a bit more and get POD HD300. It's twice the price of the zoom and over you budget, but i think it's well worth the money and the difference in possibilities is huge ^^

I sold my RP255 for a POD HD. For live use, it's a world apart.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Extend your budget a bit to 400. Get either an RP500 or a POD HD300 or the older X3 Live.

The RP and HD have the best modelling, but the HD300 is kind of crippled effects wise. Ie you can use either compressor OR boost OR graphic eq OR parametric EQ. The X3 and RP dont have this limitation. The RP has slightly better modelling than the X3, while the X3 lets you use two amp models together by blending them.

I would say RP500 or X3 live, and HD300 if basic no frills amp modelling is what you want.
Seeing as how your only two choices are the Zoom 2.1Nu and the AX3000G, my first thought would be the Zoom is better for high gain. But the AX3000G is a more versatile multifx and I know the gain tones on the AX series are good. Since you are using it for live gigs I'm thinking I'd go with the Korg. Download and read both manuals from front to back and think about the features you need.
Quote by fly135
Seeing as how your only two choices are the Zoom 2.1Nu and the AX3000G, my first thought would be the Zoom is better for high gain. But the AX3000G is a more versatile multifx and I know the gain tones on the AX series are good. Since you are using it for live gigs I'm thinking I'd go with the Korg. Download and read both manuals from front to back and think about the features you need.

Yeah.. I guess I'll do that and read both and check out ...
hey.. how bout the comparison b/w digitech rp355 and the korg ax3000g ??? i think both rp355 and korg are near priced..
I'd get the rp. I have it and it sounds great. I highly recommend it. Check out my recordings in my sig for some clips.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I'm biased the TC Nova system is awesome sounds amazing! All of there best in one unit and a Very good noise suppressor. I've got Decimator up front and its as good as the Decimator. Each effect is completely tweakable and the unit isv very easy to set up and use. Like everything from TC it's top notch road worthy
I've seen them on CL for $300??
Isn't there a store to try them? That would be perfect now wouldn't it?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^He lives in india

They don't sell used things in India.....
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^Tops youll get an MG. Or maybe a Cube.
Used gear market in India is drier than a hippies bum

Lmao.....that sux!!!
Quote by GS LEAD 5
drier than a hippies bum

That's unnecessary
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by GS LEAD 5
^Tops youll get an MG. Or maybe a Cube.
Used gear market in India is drier than a hippies bum

lol
Quote by kutless999
I'd get the rp. I have it and it sounds great. I highly recommend it. Check out my recordings in my sig for some clips.

checked out your recordings.. rp sounds nice..
Quote by rockror

Not mine?

Quote by fly135
OK, I'll admit it. The joke went over my head. Why is a hippie's bum dry?

I have no idea i couldnt think of anything drier. Maybe its the LSD?

Sigged
Last edited by GS LEAD 5 at Oct 11, 2011,
Quote by GS LEAD 5
Not mine?

I have no idea i couldnt think of anything drier. Maybe its the LSD?

Sigged

Quote by rockror

Thanks!