Hey guys.

I've played guitar about 3 years now and I've played almost strictly rhythm and classical guitar. I have had lessons for 2 years now and I know how to improvise properly and I know all the basics and some advanced stuff.

Thing is, I never picked a solo and learned it in it's whole. I usually learn the basics of the solo and improvise the rest, when I don't learn all of it. Out of the 100+ songs I know how to play in rhythm guitar, I only know about 5 as lead, which I wanna change.

My music style is Heavy Metal / Thrash Metal, being the spotlighted bands Metallica, Megadeth and Iron Maiden.

Which songs could I start with for the solos and what tips can you give me?

Thanks for the help
a great easy solo, and my first solo is cowboys from hell by patnera. has a lot of cool bends and stretches.

another would be the fast and slow solo to master of puppets

Enter sandman is pretty cool, closer to intermediate skill in my opinion.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
People recommended the final solo of Holy Wars by Megadeth for me as my first guitar solo. Also, Metallica's Orion has lots of cool leads.
I know for example James' solo in Suicide and Redemption, slow solo from MoP, Silent Scorn form Megadeth and some other stuff.

I may try enter sandman!
Black sabbath- Paranoid.
Pantera- CowBoys from hell +1
Enter Sandman +1000000
the intro solos in One.
Testament- Souls of Black isnt too terribly hard.
just to restate master of puppets fast solo is easy and fast so it will bring some joy out
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED