Help me Pit! You're my only hope!

Okay, so I'm going to a bass fishing competition/country concert event the last weekend of October. Now, I'm not ashamed to say that I'm a country fan, but dressing the part just ain't my thang, nawmsayin?! I'm not really "stylish"; I think I look like a typical metalhead... long(ish) hair, black band tee, black/blue jeans, Converse. I've gone looking like this to the Houston Rodeo, and I stick out like a sore thumb. I'd like to maybe try to fit in a bit this year, just to experiment, I guess. Also, maybe so that I don't look like a dillhole next to my friends who all dress country. Some of the more country-esque shit in my closet includes: Boot-cut jeans, a couple of black button-down shirts, and some zipper'd boots like-a so http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=173153
Is this enough to make me fit in more? I'm not trying to look like John fucking Wayne here. Just enough to NOT stick out too much.

TL;DR- Going to a country festival, need to look a lil' but country (though I'm actually a lil' bit rock n' roll). Halp?
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Why don't you ask your friends to add a country element?

I don't know if you even have pictures of yourself, but people who can't see you won't be able to pick the best style for you.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
Quote by DoGaLoG
Why don't you ask your friends to add a country element?

I don't know if you even have pictures of yourself, but people who can't see you won't be able to pick the best style for you.

I'd thought about asking friends. But, I dunno... I feel kinda awkward about that.
Why does it even matter how you're dressed?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
don't dress different for other people man. wear any dress YOU want to wear.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
All you really need is a white t-shirt with a WWE or Nascar logo on it, some blue jean shorts, dirty work boots, a John Deere trucker hat, and a bud light.
Quote by carlos_almighty
I'd thought about asking friends. But, I dunno... I feel kinda awkward about that.

Yea I can understand that actually.
There's no way you could just kind of go "I'm not sure what to wear.. Especially after how obvious I was last year" and make a bit of a joke of it or whatever?

Have you tried Google?

Or looking at pictures of these events in your area and getting ideas from that? Subtlety is the key.
Quote by Idiot_Son
i went to the pub. the look on the bartenders faces when they realised theyd been serving me alcohol illegally for the past two years was priceless.

Quote by stiff-upper-lip
DoGaLog, i think youv jst owned everyone on this thread and well done.
I'm not dressing up for others. I'd just like to try this out. Who knows, maybe it'll be my style from now on? Also, the place I'm going to is pretty redneck. I'd hate to get lynched up there, so this is for my own safety.

Quote by DoGaLoG
Yea I can understand that actually.
There's no way you could just kind of go "I'm not sure what to wear.. Especially after how obvious I was last year" and make a bit of a joke of it or whatever?

Have you tried Google?

Or looking at pictures of these events in your area and getting ideas from that? Subtlety is the key.

I've tried Google, but I'm not getting anything helpful. And yeah, I guess I could try asking like that.
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Oct 7, 2011,
Dress a bit of both maybe?
They'll probably guess you're a tourist (or at least not from around there) so just go in ordinary clothes: denim jeans, a plain shirt and white trainers or something, and maybe a baseball cap to round things off.
Have you GOT to look like them?

BL
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre

but really, get a plaid button up shirt (like a legitimate wrangler one from walmart, super cheap), tuck it in, wear jeans. The shoes don't really matter.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by Burgery
Why does it even matter how you're dressed?

Heaven forbid I try something a little different.
This seems like the perfect opportunity to do so, and I'd like to do it right.

Quote by BlackLuster
Dress a bit of both maybe?
They'll probably guess you're a tourist (or at least not from around there) so just go in ordinary clothes: denim jeans, a plain shirt and white trainers or something, and maybe a baseball cap to round things off.
Have you GOT to look like them?

BL

I'm not trying to look like a redneck, and this place isn't too far. About 30 minutes from my house, so I'm not exactly "traveling."

But I am trying "country-fy" my look just a bit, not necessarily cowboy or anything.
Last edited by carlos_almighty at Oct 7, 2011,
http://www.reddit.com/r/malefashionadvice

/thread

But for looking country. Get some boot cut jeans, some boots to match with it (clarks desert boots are a great choice), a flannel shirt (and tuck it in). You can also try to rock a cowboy hat and a bolo tie, if you really want to be country.
SABBATH RULES!!!