Here's my setup to record.

Schecter Tempest Custom>Zoom G2.1u>Beringer UB1202 mixer>Soundcard

I am going to use Adobe Audition 3 and master it, then save it as an MP3 and transfer that over to Fruity Loops 9 so I can mix drums with it. Does this sound like it would work? I don't know if you guys have experienced doing recording like this, but my options are limited since I don't play drums or have a drummer.

Thoughts?
If I were you I would just record it all to FL Studio (I record electronic, hip hop, rock, metal, other random things in FL Studio) and then just mix it. I believe FL has one of the best mixers (in terms of linking chains). Although for some reason I don't understand, some people can't get their head around recording correctly in FL Studio because it is slightly different than most DAWs...

Or pick any DAW and record and mix in the same one.
Last edited by FireHawk at Oct 7, 2011,
Quote by SchecterDean
I can record it all to FL? I'm not good with the program, but am learning how to record drum loops, but that's about it.

Yeah what you want to do is go to the mixer. Select a channel. Select the insert on that channel. Keep that channel highlighted. Click Record. Click record as audio clip. Highlight that channel on sequencer. Go to mixer and CTRL+L on the channel you want it to go to.
Why don't you get reaper and record AND do drums on there too?
its pretty simple once you get the hang of it. there's a "piano roll" just like fl studio
that you can use if it would make it easier for you.
NEW SIGNATURE!
Quote by 100%guitarmad
Don't export as MP3 before your final mix - export as WAV if you have to do it this way.

This. this dude was faster...Don't convert your files into mp3 that soon because as the saying goes "you can't shine shit" and mp3 is shit so if you really want an mp3 format wait until you mastered it!!

p.s sorry for my bad english!!!
Quote by SchecterDean
Thanks, I'll give it a shot. How much is Reaper?

reaper is basically free since it never expires or anything. but if you do end up liking reaper you should buy a license since it's extremely cheap compared to other DAWs.
search up tutorials when you first start using reaper it might seem a bit confusing but
to me its on one of the easiest to use DAWs ive tried.
NEW SIGNATURE!
Quote by aeromakesmusic
reaper is basically free since it never expires or anything. but if you do end up liking reaper you should buy a license since it's extremely cheap compared to other DAWs.
search up tutorials when you first start using reaper it might seem a bit confusing but
to me its on one of the easiest to use DAWs ive tried.

Thanks a bunch. I love this site. People on here are very advirsative and helpful, was on Seymour Duncan for years, but it grew old. Thanks a bunch brotha.