Hey

I am really not at all very good at the whole recording process but one thing that gets me the most is the sound of my guitar when recorded, it sounds very tinny. How can I adjust this so the guitar has a softer folkier sound? i.e. the best settings for bass middle treble.

Thank you.
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
If you're using the guitar's pickup it will pretty much always sound that. EQ can only do so much for that sound...

Your best bet is to get an interface and a condenser and mic it. One mic will get you the sound you're looking for. One mic and the DI will be better, but two mics and DI is best.
Well, first of all you haven't told us how you're recording it...
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
sorry as I say i am a recording noob, I have a fender sonoran plugged in to a m-audio fast track interface using garageband.

sandman, what is EQ? and also DI?
when irish eyes are smiling, you've had to too much to drink cus eyes dont smile, mouths do
Quote by skatooter
sorry as I say i am a recording noob, I have a fender sonoran plugged in to a m-audio fast track interface using garageband.

sandman, what is EQ? and also DI?

EQ = Equalizer = bass, mid, high (it often gets much more complex than that)

In this situation DI is plugging your guitar straight into the Fast Track. A mic is highly recommended. MUCH better sound.
Quote by sandyman323
EQ = Equalizer = bass, mid, high (it often gets much more complex than that)

In this situation DI is plugging your guitar straight into the Fast Track. A mic is highly recommended. MUCH better sound.

ah right cheers, ill try using a mic then, I have a perception 120 mic so ill give it a go. cheers!