Ibanez Paul Gilbert PGMFRM1 Fireman Signature Electric Guitar

That's why. I personally love the look myself, but I'll stick with my not-so-regular Iceman
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
I know its a Paul Gilbert Signature Guitar, but I don't think is just the name which put's the price tag, you know? I like the FRM100 (I'll buy one anytime soon) but evidently is not the same xD.
Quote by DimebagZappa
You sure about that? Looks like every other 'budget' sig version.

He does use it too. And yes, it's the budget version.
did you miss the part on the expensive version that said they were only making 45 of them? Korina is a very expensive wood so that accounts for part of it. the limited number makes up most of the rest. i assume it's a custom shop guitar as well.
Quote by DimebagZappa
You sure about that? Looks like every other 'budget' sig version.

Paul himself wrote that on some forum. I think the FRM-100 is in the 1000€ range or so.
Yea its like 900$ here. Just wasnt sure if maybe he had a top line red one made too.

Dont really like the reverse iceman, or the iceman for that matter.
Almost got a mij pgm-30. 550$ or so now on ebay signed by paul, but its missing a few cheap parts and apparently he signs everything so its not even really special.
Quote by TK1
Ibanez Paul Gilbert PGMFRM1 Fireman Signature Electric Guitar

So are you saying Paul Gilbert is such a big name, that signature would naturally be priced at about $4700 more than Steve Vai's signature?

C'mon dude, think before you post.
Supply and demand. The Vai JEM series is Ibanez's best-selling signature line, and there must have been more than a dozen models in it over the years. It's a cash cow. The Fireman is sort of a mutant Iceman, and it has far more limited appeal; hence the limited numbers in the series. Add to that the high quality woods and probably more attention to the fit and finish and you've got a six-string budget buster. You'd have to be a serious Paul Gilbert fan to go for the Fireman. In contrast, all sorts of players use the JEM guitars.

If you're willing to pay the price, then it's worth it...to you.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Supply and demand. The Vai JEM series is Ibanez's best-selling signature line, and there must have been more than a dozen models in it over the years. It's a cash cow. The Fireman is sort of a mutant Iceman, and it has far more limited appeal; hence the limited numbers in the series. Add to that the high quality woods and probably more attention to the fit and finish and you've got a six-string budget buster. You'd have to be a serious Paul Gilbert fan to go for the Fireman. In contrast, all sorts of players use the JEM guitars.

If you're willing to pay the price, then it's worth it...to you.

It makes sense since it's a rare style, an expensive wood, and so few that it would be expensive. I don't agree with the price tag, I mean, you can get Korina guitars from other manufacturers for far less.

There's no doubt in my mind that it's a bad ass guitar, but I definitely think that's a high price tag for exclusivity.
ummm... once again did you all miss the fact that that is a limited edition of only 45 guitars? they're hand made and limited so very expensive.
I have to say, I don't know what Mr. Gilbert was thinking...

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by monwobobbo
ummm... once again did you all miss the fact that that is a limited edition of only 45 guitars? they're hand made and limited so very expensive.

I didn't miss that. I was just saying that it doesn't make sense to pay and extra $4000 or so for exclusivity, but that's just not my thing and I'm just not rich enough
Quote by FatalGear41
I have to say, I don't know what Mr. Gilbert was thinking...

theres an interview where he sounds so proud that he photoshop'ed an iceman upsidedown
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by W4RP1G
I didn't miss that. I was just saying that it doesn't make sense to pay and extra $4000 or so for exclusivity, but that's just not my thing and I'm just not rich enough

well you are paying for the wood which is very expensive and the fact that they are hand made. having said that i wouldn't pay $100 for one as i think they are ugly as sin. paul needs to share whatever drugs he was on when he came up with this one. this is most likely exactly what they make for him so i guess if you are a big enough fan and have that kinda cash to piss away then it's worth it.
He's always been a crazy guy xD, sometimes I like craziness sometimes I don't and I do like the guitar, it's awkwardly pleasant for me but I'll never pay that amount of money for it, too much craziness on price... I prefer buying me a Parker Fly Mojo (way cooler guitar for half the fireman's price).
Last edited by Perverockstar69 at Oct 8, 2011,
i think its fugly and overpriced
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard