Turned my amp on and there was no sound so messed about with my pedals etc. when I took out the end of the cable connecting my amp to the last pedal in my chain i got a shock from the end of the cable, is this normal?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Last edited by demitriv at Oct 8, 2011,
And get your wall sockets checked for correct wiring. A modern amp like AC4 should be grounded internally and to the wall socket. If something went wrong inside the amp *AND* your sockets are properly grounded and wired the circuit breaker should have tripped.
Is it that serious? Damn
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Last edited by demitriv at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by demitriv
Is it that serious? Damn

Was it not because I was stupid and took out that end of teh cable while everything was plugged in and on?

This should not happen. The current in your guitar cables in tiny. Get the amp checked, get a socket tester and check them now. I would be very worried.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Right won't use my amp again, going to get my dad to check the sockets but they should be fine.

Would it matter if I was using a multi socket thing?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
your ground ain't grounding it's sending it back in to your guitar for the ground my old gibson amp did that to me i hit anything metal and i got shocked into next week.
But I wasn't shocked when I touched the strings just the end of the cable when I took it out of the pedal whilst it was still connected to the amp.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
This is a serious issue. Stop using it and get somebody that knows what they are looking at to fix it before you kill yourself.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by demitriv
But I wasn't shocked when I touched the strings just the end of the cable when I took it out of the pedal whilst it was still connected to the amp.

Doesn't matter. No part of your setup should give you a tingle or shock. Stop using the amp and have it sorted out.
Will not use it again, will try and get it looked at.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4