Page 1 of 2
So I was thinking. Someone can be physically male, but have their legal status changed to female, even without having the surgery (I think, I'm sure it's up to a judge). So all a judge has to do to have a legally sanctioned gay marriage is to change one of the partner's legal statuses to female. I feel like I'm missing something or people would be doing this.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
Yeah, you are missing something. The judge that would do that for thousands of people.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Depending on your state. In Iowa, you can just go down to the courthouse and fill out some papers and your legal gender is changed.
Quote by silhouettica
Oh, DON'T use a knife. It cuts through your strings. I did that once, thinking, its the Low E, its invincible. Turns out, its not...

Quote by Kensai
Awesome
Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah, you are missing something. The judge that would do that for thousands of people.

I mean, there are plenty of pro gay marriage judges. It's not like there's anything legally wrong with it, so it's not like they'd lose their job. I don't know it seems like it would be happening.
Hmmmm. Well I'm not sure then. It just seems a bit dodgy, even if it is legal.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

The only way to know is to try it TS
¡sıɥʇ pɐǝɹ uɐɔ suɐılɐɹʇsnɐ ʎluo

E-married to danny the fish

Quote by Kensai
That's a purdy mouth you got there, zelestros. Why don't we make good use of that in other ways...
Quote by Angus_Junior35
Depending on your state. In Iowa, you can just go down to the courthouse and fill out some papers and your legal gender is changed.

Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by Trowzaa
Hmmmm. Well I'm not sure then. It just seems a bit dodgy, even if it is legal.

I just feel like I have to be missing something, because I feel like exploiting this would be a pretty strong protest against having gay marriage illegal.

Quote by izbbass

We're discussing legal gender. Whether or not you have an F or an M on your driver's license basically.
Last edited by tayroar at Oct 7, 2011,

And by "faggotry" I mean this idiotic thread.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
I don't think gay men are too crazy about changing their gender.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery

But it's only the letter next to "sex" on their driver's license. They'll still have a penis.
Quote by tayroar
But it's only the letter next to "sex" on their driver's license. They'll still have a penis.

I think the idea is that they would challenge with "Why should I have to change my legal gender to get married." They shouldn't have to find a loophole.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Being able to legally change your gender when you are clearly not that gender seems quite retarded. Especially if someone were to advocate that, but oppose gay marriage.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by GibsonMan321
Being able to legally change your gender when you are clearly not that gender seems quite retarded. Especially if someone were to advocate that, but oppose gay marriage.

It's already totally legal to do. You can make yourself the opposite gender you are without a surgery or anything, just on a legal basis, plenty of people do it due to gender identity issues.

Quote by DonGlover
I think the idea is that they would challenge with "Why should I have to change my legal gender to get married." They shouldn't have to find a loophole.

I understand that, but I think it would be a kind of protest to those that want to stand in their way.
Last edited by tayroar at Oct 7, 2011,
I've heard that you have to have a therapist diagnose you with gender dysphoria or something before you can change your legal status.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I don't really know why gay people want to marry,I mean,I know it's good to have the option,but even then.... marriage is stupid so.. IDK,but I'm speaking as a lonely 19 year old man that got his heart broken...so I may as well be talking out of my ass.
Quote by Angus_Junior35

I thought Iowa legalized gay marriage?
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by VillainousLatin
I don't really know why gay people want to marry,I mean,I know it's good to have the option,but even then.... marriage is stupid so.. IDK,but I'm speaking as a lonely 19 year old man that got his heart broken...so I may as well be talking out of my ass.

Same reason anyone would want to. Your views seem to convey that you think marriage as a whole is stupid. Or do you think just gay marriage is stupid?
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.
Quote by VillainousLatin

There are so many economic benefits to marriage. You can jointly file taxes, you get tax breaks. If you're going to school you get grants simply for being married. If an immigrant is involved with a citizen the immigrant can get their visa extended and eventually get citizenship. You can give your partner power of attorney. It's easier to grant them your stuff upon your death. They legally become a part of your family. Many benefits to marriage that a jaded 19 year old might not see.
Quote by tayroar
I understand that, but I think it would be a kind of protest to those that want to stand in their way.

It depends how you look at it. It can either be seen as "Huzzah, I found a way to get married in spite of your efforts to thwart it." or it can be seen as "I have to adhere to your principles of only man and woman being allowed to wed in order to go through with this." It's all about perspective I guess.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by tayroar
There are so many economic benefits to marriage. You can jointly file taxes, you get tax breaks. If you're going to school you get grants simply for being married. If an immigrant is involved with a citizen the immigrant can get their visa extended and eventually get citizenship. You can give your partner power of attorney. It's easier to grant them your stuff upon your death. They legally become a part of your family. Many benefits to marriage that a jaded 19 year old might not see.

hmm seems like I really WAS talking out of my ass,I didn't know all of the legal benefits of marriage.I thought it was like a "Hey look,we are a couple and wasting money on a stupid,big and expensive as fuck celebration just for the hell of it" thing.
Quote by Burgery

no, they aren't. most of them are proud of it. at my school, some even hate straights (lol?) and wish to be themselves. if the situation was reversed, i would not want to be changed into a girl to marry a girl.

(awkward pause starts now)
Surely lying on legal forms is illegal?

If my drivers liscence said I was female, and I got pulled over and I'm a male, surely that's illegal?

I'm pro gay marriage, but it's just a thought?
Quote by AJScott
Surely lying on legal forms is illegal?

If my drivers liscence said I was female, and I got pulled over and I'm a male, surely that's illegal?

I'm pro gay marriage, but it's just a thought?

It's not lying. Like legally changing your name, you are legally changing your gender. I believe they go so far as to even change it on your birth certificate, but I'm not entirely sure, but there's nothing illegal about. You go to a court, and a judge, or someone (depending on state like the Iowa guy said) waves their magic wand, signs some papers, and huzzah in the eyes of the law you went from male to female.
Quote by tayroar
It's not lying. Like legally changing your name, you are legally changing your gender. I believe they go so far as to even change it on your birth certificate, but I'm not entirely sure, but there's nothing illegal about. You go to a court, and a judge, or someone (depending on state like the Iowa guy said) waves their magic wand, signs some papers, and huzzah in the eyes of the law you went from male to female.

That's the second time "huzzah" has been used in this thread...
A SIGNATURE.
Asking someone to pretend they're of the opposite gender to be married is kind of insulting.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Asking someone to pretend they're of the opposite gender to be married is kind of insulting.

It's not that they'll be wearing a dress or anything, it's that they'll legally be considered a female. Maybe I just don't give a shit, it's all symbolic to get the creamy nouget of the legal advantages marriage offers.
You can genuinely declare yourself legally 'female' even if you haven't actually undergone a sex change?

I wonder why that's even legal. I'm guessing a female could change herself to 'male' and probably get by the whole 'lower pay' thing?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by DonGlover
That's the second time "huzzah" has been used in this thread...

Huzzah I just noticed that.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by Crazyedd123
You can genuinely declare yourself legally 'female' even if you haven't actually undergone a sex change?

I wonder why that's even legal. I'm guessing a female could change herself to 'male' and probably get by the whole 'lower pay' thing?

I don't think they can still legally pay women lower for the same job anymore like what you're suggesting would change. I think the lower pay is that of the employed females and employed males on average women have lower paying jobs than men.
Quote by tayroar
I don't think they can still legally pay women lower for the same job anymore like what you're suggesting would change. I think the lower pay is that of the employed females and employed males on average women have lower paying jobs than men.

Darn, I was gonna call the BBC and tell them the great news.

The 'declare yourself female' thing would be a great way to troll people IRL.
You could basically act like Mr. Garrison from SP when he had his sex change

I'd just do it to apply for modelling jobs to mess with the employers

'Well, you definitely have a unique look. YOU'RE HIRED!'
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Darn, I was gonna call the BBC and tell them the great news.

The 'declare yourself female' thing would be a great way to troll people IRL.
You could basically act like Mr. Garrison from SP when he had his sex change

I'd just do it to apply for modelling jobs to mess with the employers

'Well, you definitely have a unique look. YOU'RE HIRED!'

Jobs is probably a big problem with this idea. I'm wondering how many companies would hire you if you have a different sex then you are as your legal status. I also wonder how this works for this case: So suppose you fall in love with a girl and marry her, as you go along in your life you have gender identity issues, but you're still attracted to women. Your wife supports you and everything and stays with you as you get a sex change operation and you get your gender legally changed. Can they like legally nullify that marriage, or are you officially gay married? I mean I know this is a really really unlikely case, but I mean I've heard of at least one case like this of a wife supporting and still loving her husband through a gender change, but I never heard of their marrital status legally, but I knew they were like together as a couple still.
Quote by tayroar
Jobs is probably a big problem with this idea. I'm wondering how many companies would hire you if you have a different sex then you are as your legal status. I also wonder how this works for this case: So suppose you fall in love with a girl and marry her, as you go along in your life you have gender identity issues, but you're still attracted to women. Your wife supports you and everything and stays with you as you get a sex change operation and you get your gender legally changed. Can they like legally nullify that marriage, or are you officially gay married? I mean I know this is a really really unlikely case, but I mean I've heard of at least one case like this of a wife supporting and still loving her husband through a gender change, but I never heard of their marrital status legally, but I knew they were like together as a couple still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnLwHOVXkWE&ob=av3e

EDIT: Seemed abit irreverant to just post that.
I'm pretty sure there's some stuff to work around that, like civil relationships. etc. I still don't understand why/how someone would want to change their 'legal' gender if they're actually not having a sex change.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Last edited by Crazyedd123 at Oct 7, 2011,
I think for most gay couples that would kind of go against the principle of the whole thing if one of them had to change theri gender first. I wonder if this will ever become fedaerally mandated and taken out of the hands of individual states.
Quote by tayroar
So I was thinking. Someone can be physically male, but have their legal status changed to female, even without having the surgery (I think, I'm sure it's up to a judge). So all a judge has to do to have a legally sanctioned gay marriage is to change one of the partner's legal statuses to female. I feel like I'm missing something or people would be doing this.

This is really stupid and I hope people don't resort to this. Gay marriage should just be legalized and that should be the end of it. Gender status reassignment should be disallowed, except for when a mistake was made (e.g. ambiguous genitalia, pseudo-hermaphrodites).
Page 1 of 2