Up for trade today is my mint condition Prs Se Torero and my Ebow plus.
In return I'm getting a used Egnater Rebel 20 head and some kind of Egnater 2x12 cab.

Now I really like the guitar, but not the pickups and I am way too lazy to swap all the electronics. I also have a far better guitar with pickups I really like. Im not very familiar with tube amps, but from what I hear about this one I can get a decent OD and distortion (if my ds-1 dosent cut it) and get great metal tones.

Anyways, would you make the trade?
They're probably about the same price used, except the PRS would be easier to sell on eBay or craigslist.

If it were me, I'd put the guitar up for sale on eBay and CL, and go around trying out various amps to see what I liked, as well as continue researching to get ideas of what to try.

I love tube amps, so I think that's a step in a good direction, trying to get one.
Its up on Kijiji (canadas craiglist) Not much interest but this guy.
Ebay seller fees are rediculous.
I cant even play right now to try anything out, pretty rough work injury and wcb claim.

There is a 5150 head n LS 4x12 selling for 800$ obo, but No1 seems to wanna pay me that or close for the torero.
I don't know what they normally go for used, but the cheapest one on eBay is $800 used with buckrash. The max seller fee ebay can charge (usd) is $50 plus the $3 to post the ad. So even if you have to pay ebay, you might make more money. But I don't know how things go in Canada.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Bit steeper.

9.0% of the item’s total cost to the buyer with a maximum charge of $100.00

What? When did they raise it? I sold a guitar a year ago and it was far less.
Any PRS with EMG's is not a PRS. But at the same time I really am not a fan of Egnater amps. especially the Rebel series.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
Any PRS with EMG's is not a PRS. But at the same time I really am not a fan of Egnater amps. especially the Rebel series.

May I ask why?
Quote by Robbgnarly

Any PRS with SE at the end isn't a PRS, it's just a Korean guitar that looks like one and is made to the similar specifications.
Quote by DimebagZappa
May I ask why?

Well, not that it is not a great Guitar at a very diecent price, but I just don't like active pickups. I'm sure it plays and feals nice, I love PRS guitars, but actives will make a $10 guitar and a $10,000 guitar almost indistinguishable (wow big word!) from each other tone wise. I like the diffrences that wood makes on the sound as much as the pickups that I choose. unless your hard up for an amp, keep the torreo
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by DimebagZappa
I actually meant the amp. I dont like emgs either.

Oh sorry,

I don't know, but when I played my buddys, it had a diecent all-round tone, but nothing that said get me from ether channel. I want at least 1 channel from an amp to be really nice, but 2 so-so channels isnt worth it in my opinion. Even though they are cheaper I preffer Jet city over most other sub $1000 amps.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
But its a single channel amp?
Edit- no more :confus; you prolly played the 30...
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 7, 2011,
yeah I belive it was the 30, it had 2 channels

I missed the 20 part of what you wrote
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hmmm seems a little thin until you really krank that biatch up. From videos.
Anyone else tried the rebel?
Pretty much the rythym from Testament. More specifically Formation of damnation album.
Really like skolnik's (sp) leads too.

Basically a decent thrash tone and if I can get some PG/ vai type leads all the better.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 7, 2011,
Quote by DimebagZappa
Pretty much the rythym from Testament. More specifically Formation of damnation album.
Really like skolnik's (sp) leads too.

Basically a decent thrash tone and if I can get some PG/ vai type leads all the better.

not getting either of those tones without a fair amount of help. i played thru a couple of low watt Egnator amps the other day and wasn't impressed especially for the money.
I was already considering a distortion, Od and Eq. But I am second guessing this whole thing.
Very few utube vids of decent crunch from the rebel. Except this asian kid who ran nailbombs in through a distortion and some other pedal...

Maybe I'll hold out for the $$ and buy the 5150 head n LS 4x12 instead. Or just the head. Theres 2 locally used. At least I know where that'll get me.
Yeah a 5150 would be loads better. A 6505 is damn good too, but I don't know if you will find one as cheap as a 5150. Unless you are willing to with a combo. I've seen used combos go for $300-$400 usd on average here.

I could easily get as heavy as you described with my 6505+ combo with just an EQ pedal and the preamp gain. And I've actually changed a tube that toned it down to clean up the clean channel. It's a beast with one speaker, I can't imagine a 4x12. But I'm a bedroom player so that might be overkill.
Yea I think it would be a bit over the top with a 4x12 too.
Im not playing shows and live in a fourplex.
I may also order the combo from ebay.
Just gotta sell this damn guitar
well the head new is $549 on MF and the only 2x12 cab i saw was $499 so it seems about equal cost. try out the amp and see if you like it if it's an option. i have no experience with Egnater amps so i can't comment on the tone. sorry
Not a huge Egnator fan, and I don't think you'll be getting the distortion you're looking for. I'd definitely try the amp out before agreeing to a trade.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Restated: I am declining the egnater. It will not get me the tone I want. I am buying a 6505 or 5150 when I sell my guitar. Thanks for the help.

/thread.
You have the ability to delete your own threads to avoid further confusions like my example above.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER