Hello, im thinking about selling my bc rich warlock and using the money to go towards this beauty... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/peavey-predator-plus-exp-guitar im not too rich so i have a tiny budget but i have REALLY good experiences with peavey guitars so i thought id try this one out. Im going to be using it for mainly metal and lots of solo's so the floyd rose liscenced tremlo really makes it nice, so tell me what you think
Pass. For that price you could get an old Peavey USA guitar used. But even those weren't that good.

Take my advice, get a used Ibanez RG520/550/560/565 off of ebay. You can even find one of the newer ones with a shaved neck heel and a 3 piece neck for a little more than that Chinese/Indonesian junk.
Floyd rose liscenced should be as close to an actual floyd rose as possible, since it is the exact blueprints but the only thing that may happen is it will come out of tune but i can easily fix that... besides, its better than the fender tremlos, not dissing fender cause i love em but im just saying
Quote by NewYngwie
Floyd rose liscenced should be as close to an actual floyd rose as possible, since it is the exact blueprints but the only thing that may happen is it will come out of tune but i can easily fix that... besides, its better than the fender tremlos, not dissing fender cause i love em but im just saying

Yea...too bad they aren't. Get a used ESP or a used Ibanez RG 550. You are going from junk to pretty much junk.
Yeah man, I wouldn't spend the money on that guitar, I played a couple of these before and they are decent guitars, but they feel just slightly of higher quality then beginner guitars. I wouldn't really see this as a big step up from a Warlock, but thats just my opinion.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by NewYngwie

My FR-licensed Kahler spyder that was made from casts instead of CnC machined would beg to differ. Kind of sad when an allen key can warp then strip pretty much every bolt head in the spyder.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
i know but i have an extremly limited budget, im what you would call "flat ass broke" and if im going to spend 500 on a guitar i have someone who will sell me a USA 1992(i think)made hammer(sp) but i cant go over my 300$ limit
Quote by NewYngwie
i know but i have an extremly limited budget, im what you would call "flat ass broke" and if im going to spend 500 on a guitar i have someone who will sell me a USA 1992(i think)made hammer(sp) but i cant go over my 300$ limit

I can sense a new amp suggestion(instead of a new guitar) from another UGer in the very near future.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I don't think that guitar is bad for the price. And if your BC Rich is a bronze series then ANY guitar is a step up.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
no i dont need a new amp! Ive got a line 6 flextone hd with a Kustom 4x12 cab that im happy with, its just the playability of the b.c shit that is impossible
Quote by DimebagZappa
Your not gonna find those ibbys for 230$...

Maybe a little more.

I just watched a nearly mint RG560 go for $300 shipped. I have a 98' RG520 in the mail right now that I got for $170. It's missing a neck pickup, and there some rust here and there, but I have a stock neck pickup coming too, and I'll clean it up and sell it for some easy money.

You just have to keep an eye out and not be afraid to resolder a connection or replace a switch/pot/pickup. When you get near the $400 range, that's when you see mint condition with Dimarzios and whatnot.
Quote by NewYngwie

if you don't have the money to buy a reasonable guitar, don't buy a guitar.

the reality is that the peavey is a pretty awful guitar (I used to have a stoptail version). they play poorly and they dont sound very nice. throw in a very cheap (good FR's cost several times more than that guitar!) FR, and you have a recipe for a very, very dissapointing guitar

just wait until you can afford what you actually want (I suggest finding something with a better quality trem, like a fr-1000)
probally better than the bc rich but probally not by much, you should just save up some more money and look at your options further
-Peavey 6505+
-Bugera 333xl(w/6l6 pt's) -dead
-412 X-pattern loaded w/ WGS veteran30s & HM75s
-Gibson Les Paul, SD Blackouts *being worked on back to stock*
-Jackson DR7, EMGs
-LTD MH417
-Peavey Vyper 75w
for that cheap it's not going to be a very good guitar. the FR will be bottom of the barrel in quality and most likely won't last long. keep in mind that it isn't the design for a licensed FR that is the issue but rather the materials used to make it. to buy an original FR cost about $175 which is almost as much as that whole guitar is going for. there's a reason for that. i'd take some time and check out what the local used market has to offer. for that price you won't get anything new that will last and be worth having.
Buy an Agile, PLEASE. RONDOMUSIC. You can buy something alot nicer from there, for $300.
THALL
As stated above, I would stay away from that guitar. Next to no description at all on it's features is usually a flashing red light that it's going to be crap.

You can get a good guitar for $300 though. Ebay and Craigslist around for an Ibanez S320. They are excellent guitars for the price, and come with trems that are leagues ahead of anything else in the price range.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by NewYngwie
Hmm how about a umm... vandenburg peavey i think its called, are those good?

yeah, if you can find one. the Nitro series also had some decent guitars as well.
Why are you so bent on getting a Peavey exactly?

You've been given some good info on guitars that are better, you should be looking at them.
I am a proud owner of one, there were a couple of little things wrong with it but the bridge is awesome( i like to go crazy with it) and the pickups are nice
Get an Agile AL-2000 and you're set for this price range. To find better guitars than this you probably have to go over $400.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Get an Agile AL-2000 and you're set for this price range. To find better guitars than this you probably have to go over $400.

I wish i could get agile in the UK
Had a jackson RR3 crimson swirl with seymour duncans, sounded great. It had a licensed floyd rose. Thought it was awesome. Then it started to strip. Then it started to fall out of tune all the time while I was in the middle of playing it for ten minutes. Then it started to snap strings since they were digging into the metal. Then I sold it before it could get any worse.

Licensed Floyd Rose means they took the design, made it with shit metal, and didn't give a crap about setting it up properly. If you can't afford something with a solid original tremolo, you are so much better off just playing a fixed-bridge guitar. Floating bridges are not something you want to gamble on unless you don't mind pausing to re-tune every song you play.

You also probably don't want to waste your money on a Douglas or SX guitar from rondo, I've heard way too many horror stories to consider it. Agile's got some nice guitars, but that's as cheap as I'd go. I'd recommend either the first or last that schecter guy posted, rg321 or the esp. both fit in your price range and are solid enough to hold their own. Remember, you're trying to make a step *up* on your guitar. Don't wanna blow it and wind up with something that fits you even worse.
Quote by fly135
Great list Rutch. On re-reading this one I'd have to say Solid State means not liquid or gas.

I figured it out.