I have a fender pro junior combo and a blackheart handsome devil stack. The pj pretty much gathers dust because of tube rattle BUT i love its clean tone the black heart gets played a whole lot more, the master volume actually keeps it more manageable at bedroom levels than the pj as well.

I've got a bit of acquisition syndrome goin on recently and have been thinking about a separate head or amp i should add.

considerations:
jet city pico valve
vox lil night train
vox 4w head or mini combo, wondering if these amps have an output, and is it 16ohms? because i do not want to buy a new cab.
blackstar ht1
killer ant does it sound just like the handsome devil? if so there may be no point, it may actually be louder than the handsome devil because of no master volume.
or fender champion 600, does this also have an output? and is it as chimey as the pj?
Why don't you get a Tube Tamer or something for the PJ? There's devices you can get that'll cure the rattle.

Anyway, those heads will all do the same type of sound, really, so not much point to getting one. Except perhaps the Voxes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
i'd love to try one but i am waaaaaaay out in the country and the closest guitar center is more than 2hr drive, so i usually just check reviews and order online, and if i dont like it i sell it, i mostly get back exactly what i paid here.
That little 4W Vox head will take a 16 ohm output all day long. It sounds nice but to get it to overdrive you need to crank it, it has no gain or master volume, but it can be cut down to 1/4watt output for bedroom levels. I like this little amp, I want to get one, but I also have Lunchbox Amp Syndrome...careful its highly contagious!
Quote by ne14t
That little 4W Vox head will take a 16 ohm output all day long. It sounds nice but to get it to overdrive you need to crank it, it has no gain or master volume, but it can be cut down to 1/4watt output for bedroom levels. I like this little amp, I want to get one, but I also have Lunchbox Amp Syndrome...careful its highly contagious!

i wanted to stay away from that but i dont mind so much if we can switch the outputs.

I should add i had an epi valve, and i didnt like it very much VERY muddy not my cup of tea. It was ok but didnt deserve as much attention as it gets.
Quote by zamanakhan
i wanted to stay away from that but i dont mind so much if we can switch the outputs.

I should add i had an epi valve, and i didnt like it very much VERY muddy not my cup of tea. It was ok but didnt deserve as much attention as it gets.

Yea, I have the AC4TV which is the 1 by 10 combo and it does have a 16 ohm jack.

Why don't you just get one of the combos which I think may be cheaper or a few dollars more expensive than the head....all of them have external cab connections. However, I think the mini goes down to 1/10 watt, not 1/4 watt.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
L'il Night Train.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by JKHC
Yea, I have the AC4TV which is the 1 by 10 combo and it does have a 16 ohm jack.

Why don't you just get one of the combos which I think may be cheaper or a few dollars more expensive than the head....all of them have external cab connections. However, I think the mini goes down to 1/10 watt, not 1/4 watt.

i'll look into the mini, thats the one i like the most so far, i also really like the fender champ... i like the idea of having a smaller combo that i can later plug into my bh112.

I've been thinking of possibly just getting another blackheart 1x12 cab, this way i can just run the pj through both of em for an ohm total of 8. I am also looking into the tube tamer, looks like a good idea, but there is still the problem with neighbors going insane with that amp.

i am REALLY liking the pico valve and lil night train as well. A buddy of mine was suggesting a 50watt amp as the cab i have will still handle it and it will give me more options but i dont really need to get any louder than the handsome devil.
Last edited by zamanakhan at Oct 8, 2011,