Oi Guys,

I just bought a new jem505, if god had a guitar i swear he would have a jem..
anyways it comes with generic V7 and V8 Pickups.. to my surprise the Vs arent as bad as i thought and manage to emulate a paf pro sometimes, the S1 suffers from cycle noise , but also surpised me when played around with the tone and volume knob and it actually got a primitive but remarkable strat nasal sound.. nevertheless i cant sleep or play peacefully knowing there are other meaner and better pickups out there and this guitar definetly deserves them.

what are your experiences with evos ?
I love satrianis sound but i have no idea what single coil to use in the middle position (call me demented but i hate the strat twangy sound) im interested in clean , brutal pickups that punish my sloppy playing.. the evos seem to be the choice but i would love warmer suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
Evo is the loudest pickup i have heard yet. I hope you play VERY cleanly.
The evo 2 supposedly fixes said issue.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Evo is the loudest pickup i have heard yet. I hope you play VERY cleanly.
The evo 2 supposedly fixes said issue.

hhh nope i suck, which is why i want such a brutal pickup, i think im gonna go for the evo2
What's your amp? That's the first thing to check before talking about pickups. Some pickups suit certain kinds of amp, other pickups suit other kinds of amp better.

The Evo and Evo 2 will both show up every mistake you make. The Evo 2 more so. It's not as horribly synthetic-toned as the regular Evo, it's more sensitive to pick attack. I wouldn't call either of them "brutal" though, their output is actually fairly moderate for a modern pickup.
P90's
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220