Page 1 of 2
What do you guys think of stuff that sort of just goes on and on.
Stuff like comic books, soaps, animes, even some artists. I kinda prefer stuff to have a definite beginning and end.

Plus, what's the longest running series you can think of? I heard there was a manga that was going on since the 50's or something. Eastenders in Britain has been going since before the 70's, I think.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
The longest I can think of is Coronation Street.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Coronation Street started in 1960.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Crazyedd123
What do you guys think of stuff that sort of just goes on and on.

Quote by behind_you

Bad UGer, you got it all over the carpet and even on the varnished ebony table. Someone needs to be put in their kennel for the night.

EDIT: Just looked up guiding light, it started in 1937 as a radio broadcast
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Last edited by Crazyedd123 at Oct 7, 2011,
I don't mind things going on and on. Nor do I mind things that have a definate beggining and end.

Casualty has been on for may years (BBC1 drama, for those who don't know). Christ, it's getting bad though, apart from it's bullshit and is nothing like a real hospital setting, it's so predictable it's cringy.
You cannot choose the little time you're given in this world. You enter bare and unclothed, provided only with intelligence enough to choose how you spend your time. You always have a choice. Always. Though be warned, your choice can rarely be undone
Meet the Press has been airing since 1947.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by rockdude375
I don't mind things going on and on. Nor do I mind things that have a definate beggining and end.

Casualty has been on for may years (BBC1 drama, for those who don't know). Christ, it's getting bad though, apart from it's bullshit and is nothing like a real hospital setting, it's so predictable it's cringy.

That's kinda why I like stuff that has an ending, it leaves you wanting more. It's why I'm falling in love with Alan Moore's works (although not all of his stuff is considered amazing), I'm planning on getting some more of his stuff.

Wasn't Dragonball running since the 70's or something? I'm sure there's a manga that's been going for god-knows how long.
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oroboros.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
Quote by Crazyedd123
Bad UGer, you got it all over the carpet and even on the varnished ebony table. Someone needs to be put in their kennel for the night.

That's right, I went on the carpet. And I'll just keep going..... and going..... and going... and going..... and going..... and going..... and going.....
Quote by Crazyedd123
Wasn't Dragonball running since the 70's or something? I'm sure there's a manga that's been going for god-knows how long.

It started in the mid 80s and ended in the mid 90s, not really that long
Quote by jagershlag
Zorostanasism (SP) is longer than Judiasm

Hinduism is even longer than both.
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by Crazyedd123
That's kinda why I like stuff that has an ending, it leaves you wanting more. It's why I'm falling in love with Alan Moore's works (although not all of his stuff is considered amazing), I'm planning on getting some more of his stuff.

This one's the longest continously serialized Manga series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kochira_Katsushika-ku_Kameari_K%C5%8Den-mae_Hashutsujo
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by jagershlag
its not monothiestic

So?
A SIGNATURE.
Quote by jagershlag
its not monothiestic

WHAT? IT'S NOT? OH HOLY FUCKSHIT.

Isn't Doctor Who the longest running Tv Show or something like that?
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Since 1937:

^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by Sinister Waffle
Isn't Doctor Who the longest running Tv Show or something like that?

I think they stopped it for a while. But I'm not British or a nerd, so...
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Yeah, it stopped for 15 odd years from 89 to 05 or something.

Quote by Trowzaa
Yeah, it stopped for 15 odd years from 89 to 05 or something.

It existed Via movies in the the 90s, people generally consider that. as Doctor Who existed in some form for 50 years.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
There are no beginnings or endings in the Wheel of Time...
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Quote by Lost Dog
The Simpsons

...oh

They're set for a 24th and 25th season now.
A SIGNATURE.
Naruto. It. Never. Ends.

Didn't the first chapter come out in like 1999 or something?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Novacane...
Holloyoaks
Deal or no Deal

I wish they'd both end. I hate, hate, hate Noel Edmonds.

Quote by Jostry
Naruto. It. Never. Ends.

Didn't the first chapter come out in like 1999 or something?

1999, ha, when Superman has been around since like the 30's.

I don't know, I don't mind it so much when comics do it, because while there is an overarching story and universe people generally cherry pick their favorite stories out of the DC universe. With Batman people will point to like the Long Halloween, Year One, and Hush as their favorites. While Superman has All Star Superman.

Marvel is kind of annoying about it though, they don't have the great single stories. Marvel has no Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Long Halloween, or any of this. They have decent runs, but their decent runs on characters or teams aren't immortalized like DC's are. Grant Morrison's run on Superman will greatly outlast Straczynski's run on Thor even though I enjoyed both, Thor just requires an attention span and a collecting that Superman didn't.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
The longest-running manga in terms of chapters is Kochikame, whose full title is probably among the longest titles in the medium. It's been running nonstop since 1976, and as such has 171 volumes.

Longest in terms of actual time is Golgo 13, a sort of Japanese James Bond ripoff, which is also quite long, but it's taken breaks occasionally, so it's not quite as long as Kochikame (only 160 volumes instead of 171). It's been running since 1969.

I get the feeling that One Piece will eventually get to this length, as its author has stated explicitly that he just doesn't want to end it because he likes drawing it and writing it too much. It's already at 63 volumes.

The longest running American comic is apparently Action Comics, which makes sense, since Supes is just eternally popular. But really, it's been running for 73 years.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Oct 7, 2011,
Quote by JustRooster
My penis.

Ooh, you have perpetual penis disorder too? Sucks, huh?
A SIGNATURE.
Page 1 of 2