Hi there guys,

First post in a few months, been very busy recently! Anyway...

About a week ago I purchased a Vintage V100GT by JHS. For those who don't know, it's a Gold top Les Paul copy, and a great one at that. Plays well, sounds beautiful, just a great guitar for the money! Now here's the downside... After a few days I noticed a horrific rattling noise coming from the machine heads. I checked literally EVERYTHING (checked if the truss rod was loose, loose screws, not tight enough etc..) but nothing helped, so I took it to a guitar tech. He looked at the guitar and told me that it was the machine heads which were causing the rattling sound and they needed to be replaced. Now here's my question. I've contacted JHS and Reidy's home of music (shop where I bought it brand new from) but not received a reply yet. Do you think it's a possibility that they would send me some replacement machine heads? There is no chance I am sending it back (hefty postage prices and very time consuming) so this is my only option. Anyone ever been in this situation before? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Charlie.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Quote by CharlieSlyster
Hi there guys,

First post in a few months, been very busy recently! Anyway...

About a week ago I purchased a Vintage V100GT by JHS. For those who don't know, it's a Gold top Les Paul copy, and a great one at that. Plays well, sounds beautiful, just a great guitar for the money! Now here's the downside... After a few days I noticed a horrific rattling noise coming from the machine heads. I checked literally EVERYTHING (checked if the truss rod was loose, loose screws, not tight enough etc..) but nothing helped, so I took it to a guitar tech. He looked at the guitar and told me that it was the machine heads which were causing the rattling sound and they needed to be replaced. Now here's my question. I've contacted JHS and Reidy's home of music (shop where I bought it brand new from) but not received a reply yet. Do you think it's a possibility that they would send me some replacement machine heads? There is no chance I am sending it back (hefty postage prices and very time consuming) so this is my only option. Anyone ever been in this situation before? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Charlie.

Erm, dunno their policy, but I kind of doubt it. Try having a little more slack on the pegs? Sometimes if you only got one wrap it might wiggle. Just buy some new ones, and until then, wrap a bandanna around your headstock to keep them from moving so much or something.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
call the store and the manufacturer and ask to speak to a manager. explain the situation as calmly and politely as possible (If you're really young, get your parents to call for you. adults get taken seriously, kids don't). thats a pretty new guitar and any reasonable manufacturer or retailer should understand (assuming what you said is everything) that the product was faulty and needs to be replaced.

otherwise, just pop for some GFS tuners. cheap and they work
Tried that buddy, but to no avail The guitar is only £200 and for a decent set of machine heads it's about £50!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Guitar Fetish's got some decent ones for like, $40 or something. Dunno how much that is in Britty money but yeah.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
16.1 You shall be responsible for all costs of carriage including, telephone, postal and all other costs incidental or otherwise incurred in returning any Products you have purchased from us, except where Products received by you are damaged or faulty condition.

Return it. It may be a while but its the best option.
Also read the sites terms. I found this in 2 minutes....
thats quite a common problem with vintage les pauls my v100 afd does it aswell. Tightening the screw on the machine heads themselves is suppose to fix it but i havent got round to trying it yet
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
They might just be crappy tuners. A nice set of tuners would be a good investment; save the old ones and put the good ones on whatever guitar you like best (if it is another one in the future).

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.