so i was just playing my xxx and the sound cut out once(which has never happened to me with any amp) so i was confused but it came right back(maybe a second at most of no sound)so i go to hit the stand by switch and it happens again, then the sound cut out completely and does not seem like it is coming back anytime soon. What could be causing this? Tubes(which are not very old), maybe the cab(speakers blown or hooked up wrong), or what? I am very confused and would like to get this amp up and running again asap so thanks in advanced.
Schecter BlackJack Atx v-1fr
Ibanez Gax70l Duncan Distortions
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
It could be your cable? This has happened to me a couple of times, and it's usually the cable.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
If it came briefly my first guess is a lose wire. The first thing is to diagnose where in the chain the signal is being lost. Have you tried it with both of your guitars to be sure that the problem is in the XXX and not in the guitar's electronics? Were you playing through any pedals?

The best way with diagnosing the issue on your own is to start at one end of the signal and work your way down to the other. Swap out the guitar, if that doesn't work, swap the first cable, and so on down the line.
Gear
  • 2004 Am. Strat
  • 2004 Mex. Tele
  • 2005 Esteve Classical

• Vox Valvetronix AD15VT w/ foot switch

• Vox 847
  • EH Stereo Polychorus
  • Ibanez TS-808
  • EH Big Muff Germanium 4
  • EH Small Clone
  • EH Small Stone (USA Ver 2)
  • EH LPB-1
  • PlusEBow
Try different cables. Just guitar into amp for starters. When you've ruled out cabling try pulling out all the tubes and plugging them back in. One of them may have just wiggled loose.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
alright ill try this out and let you guys know how it goes thanks for the responses i really appreciate it!
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus
thanks for the help i switched out the cab and discovered that that was in fact the issue(something must have happened to one of the speaker wires)so i figured i would let you guys know that the problem is solved thanks again!
Peavey XXX
Peavey MS 412
Marshall MA 412
EVH Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
MXR Black Label Chorus