I didnt ask for you to be rude, i asked for people to tell me whats wrong with it... saying its bad and annoying is just mean
Last edited by NewYngwie at Oct 7, 2011,
I would say a lot more pauses and breaks in between stuff. Finish a phrase and let a person digest it. Put more emotion into it.
August is right. Playing difficult, fast scales is definitely a useful skill, but just playing them randomly, or trying to overdo it is just regurgitated notes. Try putting a backing track of chords down first, and then try and feel your music out. Some of the best solos are only a few notes long.

Here's an improv of myself and a friend, my friend is on the leads. He demonstrates, I believe, a good way to try and write leads. This was strictly improv, and then we put an acoustic and bass track to it, for fun.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Taerran/music/play1038659
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
thanks guys, im working some new stuff out now and taerran that was an amazing piece you got there!
Well, thanks. I just did the rhythms though. Like I said, that was my friend Cory on leads, and I think he's a good example of how sometimes less is more.
Days go on forever
But I have not left your side
We can chase the dark together
If you go then so will I
but what about guitarists like yngwie malmsteen? His solos take up 2 hundred measures or so, no joke
Yeah but Yngwie knows theory inside and out. Your piece seemed more like patched together pieces of things you have learned while playing guitar. We are not saying the only way you can play a solo is slowly and meaningfully with pauses and such. Just try to make the solo worth more to a listener by rewarded their listening with lush melodies and phrases as opposed to showing off how fast you can run through certain memorized positions. I'm really just saying listen to yourself as you're playing. And I mean really listen. Pretend it's a solo you're listening to the first time by someone else and think where you think it would go next if you were listening. Where you would want it to go. You'll really come together and surprise yourself sometimes. Give yourself goosebumps hearing your own playing.