First big change in gear since 2008! It's a day that will go down in my guitar playing history, my first valve amp! A nice improvement from a Behringer GMX212

I got the head sometime last week but the cab didn't turn up until this morning and I wanted to save this thread until i'd got the whole lot..

But IT'S HERE!

Well what can I say? It certainly boasts an impressive bang for buck ratio! I bought the head second hand for £230 + my Rocktron Utopia G100, well worth it. The cab however, I bought new from Thomann (great site, reccomend) for £160 inc. speaker cable.

As for the sound, I haven't found MY tone from it just yet, but i'm pretty close. What do you expect from my first day? Gotta work my away around it and make all the subtle tweaks that make all the difference.

Clean
Was very impressed with the cleans straight away! Very crisp, clear and full sounding. The reverb dial really colours the tone and really shines on the neck pickup! (Guitar: Tokai Love Rock, Pups: Iron Gear Rolling Mills)

Crunch
To be honest I haven't had an in-depth play with the crunch channel yet, haven't been in all day. But from what I have heard there could do to be a little more clarity, but like I said I haven't had the chance to find my favourite settings to really bring out the best in it. It sounded pretty good for classic rock, AC/DC style stuff. I'll post a full review on the reviews section of the site when i've gotten used to it.

Lead
Fantastic.
Each dial has a large effect on the tone making it incredibly versatile with a wide range of tones available to suit any metal player.
The XL switch (which is also available on crunch mode) is designed to beef up the low end and give a larger sound, although the change is noticeable it's not really all that dramatic and I can't see why i'd ever play with it turned off.
The low end is very tight with plenty of clarity and great for fast metal riffs and the pinch harmonics come easy!

Love it

Would recommend it to anyone, with the lead channel I found a tone I loved within a matter of minutes, whereas the range of Marshalls and Blackstars (amongst others) in the similar price range it took tons of precision tweaking if at all!

Very happy boy!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Thats not a triple rec

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Thats not a triple rec

I can only dream of having that amount of money to spend on gear.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ

I like the 333XL tbh, I had the combo briefly and I did enjoy the pretty good tones. The active EQ is a bit of a pain, as well as the built in noise gate, that doesnt ever work

Change out that cab though dude, sell it on and buy a nice 212.

Will make it sound so much better than the 412 mud buckets it has in it right now

HNGD

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
Change out that cab though dude, sell it on and buy a nice 212.

Will make it sound so much better than the 412 mud buckets it has in it right now

Ha, i'm sure i'll get around to that eventually when I realise the potential the head has. The gimmick of having my first half stack is taking over atm
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
HNAD! I gigged with a Bugera V22 one time. I thought it sounded fantastic, they just seem like they're more suited to being parked in a home than being toted around to, and abused at, gigs. Be nice to her and she'll surely treat you well for a while!

Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Tom 1.0
Thats not a triple rec

I actaully think the 333xl has a better tone than the triple rec. I tried both with my port city wave cab (best cab ever by the way) and overall cleans and crunch the bugera does more things a bit better I think
Quote by nyandres
I actaully think the 333xl has a better tone than the triple rec.

wait til you try the sherbert.

HNAD
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by nyandres
I actaully think the 333xl has a better tone than the triple rec. I tried both with my port city wave cab (best cab ever by the way) and overall cleans and crunch the bugera does more things a bit better I think

lolololol
That was a pretty funny joke!

Make some more!
Quote by coolstoryangus
lolololol

Make some more!

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
HNAD, I think Bugera makes a really nice head, but there speakers leave a bit to desire.

I've had my 333 for almost 2 yrs and it is great, swaped the tubes for a Mesa/JJ pre amp coctail with JJ KT77 power tubes........and WOW it sounds loads better than stock, which isn't bad by any means at all.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
HNAD man, I have the exact same head and cab.

I think it's a highly underrated amp and a lot of the hate is undeserving.

PM me if you want some EQ settings I use, I got things from 80's crunch, ball crushing metal, to very smooth lead tones to Djent.

Hope you love it as much as I love mine, cheers man.

EDIT: Holy shit, I went from a behringer GMX212 (fairly underrated when you think about it, I could always get good tones from it, analog, 99 effects, cheap, what's not to like? ) to this amp too, creepy
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Last edited by Tango616 at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by Tango616
HNAD man, I have the exact same head and cab.

I think it's a highly underrated amp and a lot of the hate is undeserving.

PM me if you want some EQ settings I use, I got things from 80's crunch, ball crushing metal, to very smooth lead tones to Djent.

Hope you love it as much as I love mine, cheers man.

EDIT: Holy shit, I went from a behringer GMX212 (fairly underrated when you think about it, I could always get good tones from it, analog, 99 effects, cheap, what's not to like? ) to this amp too, creepy

No way! As if

I did manage to get great tones out of it, but it was battered haha. Couple knobs missing, had a really nasty pop when cranked for band practice etc. It was getting old, think I was owner #3 haha. Sold it to my best mate for £20 now i've got this!
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
Quote by coolstoryangus
lolololol

Make some more!

Sure, The mesa has a very good clean.

Reality. Shit clean.

You must be a mesa owner. I have owned a lot of amps. Mesa does some stuff better, but as an all rounder the bugera really beats it.
Quote by Vauxite
No way! As if

I did manage to get great tones out of it, but it was battered haha. Couple knobs missing, had a really nasty pop when cranked for band practice etc. It was getting old, think I was owner #3 haha. Sold it to my best mate for £20 now i've got this!

Yeah man, strange

Yeah I just use it for band practice (the rare times we do practice, on a break for now), but yeah sounded great really, for behringer it's a great amp, all the effects were pretty sweet too. Yeah I got it for like 200 used, but I didn't even pay anything, not too bad for free.

Glad to see you got some good tones out of it, if you ever want some more to experiment shoot me a PM man, enjoy man.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Yeah man, strange

Yeah I just use it for band practice (the rare times we do practice, on a break for now), but yeah sounded great really, for behringer it's a great amp, all the effects were pretty sweet too. Yeah I got it for like 200 used, but I didn't even pay anything, not too bad for free.

Glad to see you got some good tones out of it, if you ever want some more to experiment shoot me a PM man, enjoy man.

PM'd

ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
HNAD. Half stacks are badass. Inconvenient, a pain in the ass to transport, unnecessary really, but the amount of badass more than makes up for it.