After some more discussion, I'm not sure which VOX to get.

The AC15C1 or the AC30VR.
The 15 has all tubes as to the 30's VR technology. I'm going to be gigging (smaller sized gigs, stage, but not a massive hall or stadium lol), but obviously will be playing at home (and I do live in the suburbs).

My sound is a nice clean with a light-moderate overdrive. Those who have seen my other thread about "An Indie Rock Sound" will know what I'm talking about.
Link to thread: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1485031

What's your preference between the two?
I don't have any experience with the VR series other than some sound clips I've heard online. I have done a few extensive sit-downs with an AC15 though.

Wonderful little amps. I go after a bit more grit than the standard "indie" tone does, and it handled it very well. On the opposite end of the spectrum, my RA at college plays through an AC15 to do more ambient stuff (think Brian Eno) and U2 style music. In other words, bright, chimey clean tones. Absolutely gorgeous sounding in that application. Personally, I'd go AC15 since it's a straight up tube amp, rather than the effects-loaded VR series. Keep the effects (other than reverb and tremolo) OUT of the amp, IMO.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Go for the AC15. I could never get the tones from the AC30VR as I could my AC15.
There's something living in these lines.
Found the AC15C1 for $795 AUD from Music Junction, Melbourne. That's the cheapest at the moment.