Today at my local pawn shop I found a strat that said it was made in Korea, it was a fender NOT a squire. The serial number was s7 something, it had a maple neck with a maple fret board that was a separate piece. Does any one have any idea how old this is? It needs a nut but they are only asking $90 should I go for it? I've been looking for a strat for awhile now and getting one for $90 would be awesome
can't tell you much without the full serial number, but $90 is a good deal for almost any guitar.

afaik S7----- is '77 or '78 only but I don't think they had anything in Korea at the time. It's either a Squier or the greatest deal of all time, either way I'd say you're coming out on top.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Last edited by CJ Noble at Oct 8, 2011,
I don't know how old it is, but the S in the serial stands for Samick. If it's decent then it should be fine. But I don't know if a Korean Fender used the same parts as a MIM or MIA fender, so finding replacements/upgrades might not be fun.
Quote by W4RP1G
I don't know how old it is, but the S in the serial stands for Samick. If it's decent then it should be fine. But I don't know if a Korean Fender used the same parts as a MIM or MIA fender, so finding replacements/upgrades might not be fun.

iirc Korean fenders use similar quality parts to MIM fenders
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E