If you're looking to play flamenco I don't know that sheet music would be your best bet. For classical guitar sheet music you can find it on the internet everywhere, just run a search, especially if you have a certain song in mind.
Quote by Usernames sucks
I really want to learn classical guitar, play flamenco, and classical music and sight read. Is there any good books whith sheet music like this, that dosnt feature a tab? Thanks

I have a feeling that flamenco guitar written down would be the most confusing, elaborate, unreadable sheet music you've ever seen. There are so many finger rolls, and smacking the sound board with everything from your fingertips to the palm of your hand. The classic finger sweeping across all the strings, one finger just trailing the other,would yield stacks of overlapping arpegios.

Flamenco guitar is a folk style, and I think you could learn more from watching it being played, than from sheet music. Short of moving to Spain, I'd search for DVDs, and old recordings of such greats as Carlos Montoya. While there are certainly single line segments of flamenco music, it really is powered by the exotic rhythms.

Certain familiar chord progressions automatically yield a Spanish flavor. Dm, Am, F, E is one. The other prevalent technique is to play in two keys at once. That's based in simply playing a major chord, followed by the same chord sharped, (or flatted), 1/2 step/

The Jefferson Airplane pinched that for their classic, "White Rabbit". ( The main riff was F# to G). You can riff to it all over the neck using just the notes in the two chords

Bob Dylan also uses a very Spanish chord progression and feel in his, "One More Cup of Coffee". In that tune, the progression is Am, G, F, E (Major). See that 1/2 step major chord to major chord popping up again?

Learning the double harmonic minor scale would also be a big help.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Oct 8, 2011,
The Noad book has been in print for ever, it seems to be the default choice for teach-yourself-classical-guitar.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Solo-Guitar-Playing-Book-Instruction/dp/0825637112/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318331545&sr=1-1

For flamenco, the Graf-Martinez book looks good, but I've never used it. (translated from german original)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flamenco-Guitar-Method-Audio-DVD/dp/3795757681/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1318331646&sr=1-3
Quote by Usernames sucks
I really want to learn classical guitar, play flamenco, and classical music and sight read. Is there any good books whith sheet music like this, that dosnt feature a tab? Thanks

you will come to find that even most professionals use both tabs AND notation not just one or the other. reading music does help a lot but mostly to identify the key, and for note duration. i learned how to read in college.

if you have any specific questions please feel free to send me a private message. start looking into classical guitars. i recommend Manual Rodriguez or Yamaha if u are looking for a cheaper option. used is also a good idea. before you buy one start growing out the nails on your right hand and practice some finger style and classical songs on the widest neck guitar u have. focus on striking the string with a combination of nail and skin. u might be able to google more info on classical guitar fingernails. it took me about a year to get used to having long nails. i was alittle antisocial at first and would hide my hand but i grew to like it and now hope people ask about it so i can explain why
Blues, classical, metal. Who says you cant love all 3?
Last edited by ThatDarnDavid at Oct 11, 2011,
also u will pick up more tricks as u go but for now think of thumb is top 2 strings. index, middle, and ring are the last 4. some people say not to use pinky, some people say use it. its up to u.
also learn how to hold the guitar in the classical position. a classical player will sigh, and/or rage at you if he sees you playing from your right leg. google classical guitar and look how the people on stage play it left leg raised with footstool
Hi, I'm new here

But not new to classical/flamenco guitar, I've been playing for 7 years now. Before that I played electric for several years too.

Here is a great reference that I recently found.

http://www.muslib.se/ebibliotek/boije/indexeng.htm

If you've just started playing many of the pieces will be overwhelming though.

For sight reading I'd recommend starting simple. Sanz is a great composer who wrote some of the most beautiful and simple music for guitar. Anything out of the Notebook to Anna Magdalena Bach is good, and there are some simple studies by Sor.
1.Watch Paco De Lucia.
2.Give up, after realising you are in no way ever going to be anything like Paco De Lucia.
3.???
4.Fail to profit, and file for bankruptcy

Lol idk.