Well I am always trying to find new types of strings that I might like and I have tried quite a few. I was wondering if there are any brands of strings that are surprisingly good. Some of the strings I've tries are:

Elixirs - Amazing but too damn expensive!
Ernie Ball - Pretty good but I want to try something else.
D'addario - Just hate the feel of these strings and the sound is like a tin can to me.
GHS Boomers- Pretty damn good, I like 'em.
Dunlop - Decent strings, nothing special, but leaves a ton of black gunk on my fingers.
Rotosound - Good Brit chrunch but didn't have any sustain and died within a week.
Cleartone - Just can't stand these things as I just hate the life, sound, and feel.

I think that is about it, but I am wondering about Dean Markely Blue Steels. I know that Jerry Cantrell uses them and I wonder if they are any good.

BTW, I looking for gauges around 9-42 or 10-46. I used to use 11's and 12's with 1/2 step down or Drop Db but I just want to take it a little easier with the tension. I also know how to adjust the truss rod perfectly fine as I have a lot of experience with setting up guitars.
Well, if you don't break strings often, buy the Elixirs. They last super long and sound nice forever. And they just feel good. You'll honestly save money because of how long they last.

IDK, just my .02
Where's Waldo?
I know what you are saying but I can't even remember the last time I broke a string. Also, how expensive are the long lasting DR strings?
I liked Dean Markley Blue Steels on my Ibanez, I thought they were really good. I'm probably going to get them for my Gibson when I need to change strings.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by chadreed32
Well, if you don't break strings often, buy the Elixirs. They last super long and sound nice forever. And they just feel good. You'll honestly save money because of how long they last.

IDK, just my .02

This, but keep in mind that Elixrs don't let harmonics sound quite as nicely: if they are a major part of your playing, you might have to reconsider. Case in point, I can get harmonics on the 9th fret clearly with non coated strings, but can't with Elixrs. Unlikely to bother you, but you never know.

Also, as the first/second/whichever post says, check out DR, because they last a long time, and sound good, particularly with heavier gauges.

Hope this helps.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Ugh, Dunlop strings
They're pretty bad. Go dull very quickly and they don't sound or feel that good IMO.

Like they say; Balls are best (IMO of course )
Never really realized a lot of people use DR strings... But where I live, (since I don't know if the price range varies) a pack of Elixirs are about 12 - 13 USD a pack. So what about the maybe 5 dollar DR strings? Or are they 5 dollar packs just as shitty as the colored (like green guitar strings) DR strings?