Page 1 of 2
Hello. My name is Fat Lard.

I have told you something about me. This thread is about telling me something of you!!!

So tell away!

And to keep this on topic for open threading, what is the best deal YOU, yes thats right, YOU, have had?

Whether it be knowledge or no ****s given, tell away!!
Last edited by Fat Lard at Nov 26, 2011,
I bought a $300 snowmobiling jacket and didn't pay for the $150 pair of snowpants I put on the counter next to it because the teller thought they were an ensemble.

Yup. I'm that hardcore mother****ers.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
All of you get one, that is one (1) warning each, for not contributing to the discussion.

Except for my boy Brandon.

For another thing I shall tell about you all, I don't think Chipotle has good food! Especially to Moe's. For when it comes to shitty entry level pricing Mexican food, Moes has steak HOMEwreckers, and Chipotle has Toilet supreme.

Now keep it on topic guys...
Last edited by Fat Lard at Oct 8, 2011,
While I was on vacation in Croatia, I bought some "real" Ray-Ban Aviators for just 100 Kuna.
That's ~ €15 (~$20)

Although they are most definitely fake, whoever made them really put a lot of work into their production as it's almost impossible to tell the difference to real ones.
Quote by Alix_D
Never heard of Seinfeld, what kind of music do they play? Assuming they use Kramers, it must be heavy!

SAVE GIBSON

Quote by Fat Lard
All of you get one, that is one (1) warning each, for not contributing to the discussion.

Except for my boy Brandon.

For another thing I shall tell about you all, I don't think Chipotle has good food! Especially to Moe's. For when it comes to shitty entry level pricing Mexican food, Moes has steak HOMEwreckers, and Chipotle has Toilet supreme.

Now keep it on topic guys...

All true, but Chipotle has the added benefit that most Mexican fast food places miss out on and that's being able to serve alcoholic beverages
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
Quote by Fat Lard
^Bullshit.

It's not that crazy, there are two on there right now going for 10.

It was just the best deal I could think of in recent memory.
you spelled louis wrong. Same with my parents; they wanted to name me after louis vuitton but never learnedd how to spell it so my name is "Louie", true story.

edit: i bought $120 hugo boss crimson/ red skinny jeans, dnt regret a ting...
Last edited by piratemetalhead at Oct 8, 2011,
The best deal I ever had was the day I decided not to fall for all that 'name brand' bullshit.

This means I can buy a pair of shoes for £5 and can carry things in the bags that I get free with my groceries without feeling bad about it.
I'm Ali, and I don't put out on the first date.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
The best deal I ever had was the day I decided not to fall for all that 'name brand' bullshit.

This means I can buy a pair of shoes for £5 and can carry things in the bags that I get free with my groceries without feeling bad about it.

This basically. It doesn't apply to everything though.
Word. I pretty much gave up on all the designer crap.

Now I shop at places like Rue 21, JC Penny, Buckle, etc., buy what I think looks good and have that shit tailored.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
It doesn't apply to everything though.

True, I still insist on eating 'Heinz' baked beans.

Quote by NiL
Word. I pretty much gave up on all the designer crap.

I've recently noticed a trend where more and more people are actualy prefering unbranded clothes. Could this be the beginnings of a fashion backlash?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 8, 2011,
for TS's creativity.

Best deal I've gotten is probably a pair of Steve Madden pumps for like $30.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I've recently noticed a trend where people actualy prefer unbranded clothes. Could this be the beginnings of a fashion backlash?

That might just be the "hipster" thing that's been going on. That, and a few pop icons opting for secondhand clothing at times.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']That might just be the "hipster" thing that's been going on. That, and a few pop icons opting for secondhand clothing at times.

No, I think this is something different, rather than the hipster thing with people wanting second-hand stuff, like Time magazine's famous 2009 article that described hipsters as; "take your grandmother's sweater and Bob Dylan's Wayfarers, add jean shorts, Converse All-Stars and a can of Pabst and bam — hipster."... this trend is for new clothes that literaly have no branding whatsoever anywhere on the garment. As if the anonimity of it's maker is somehow becoming a fashion statement.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, I think this is something different, rather than thehister thing with people wanting second-hand stuff, like Time magazine's famous 2009 article that described hipsters thus; "take your grandmother's sweater and Bob Dylan's Wayfarers, add jean shorts, Converse All-Stars and a can of Pabst and bam — hipster."... this trend is for new clothes that literaly have no branding whatsoever anywhere on the garment. As if the anonimity of it's maker is somehow becoming a fashion statement.

Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now. Like, people are wearing more tees without Abercrombie written across them in plain jane font.

I hope that's catching on anyway.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now. Like, people are wearing more tees without Abercrombie written across them in plain jane font.

It's something I've noticed in my own kids and their friends mainly, one of which used to be a real sucker for brand names. (my other kid couldn't give two shits about fashion) Now he's insisting that his clothing has no branding whatsoever, he even cuts the labels out of his t-shirts.

I wonder if it's a protest thing?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']
I hope that's catching on anyway

Me too, it's saving me a small fortune.
There goes my idea of using a misleading title purposely.

Best deal I ever got was my mini Squier guitar for $9
Quote by SlackerBabbath
It's something I've noticed in my own kids and their friends mainly, one of which used to be a real sucker for brand names. (my other kid couldn't give two shits about fashion) Now he's insisting that his clothing has no branding whatsoever, he even cuts the labels out of his t-shirts.

I wonder if it's a protest thing?

I never liked the idea of paying for something, and still being a walking billboard because of it. That and the money.

Sadly the cheaper brands are often of poor quality, ill fitting and cheap materials. So my clothing choices are somewhere in the middle.

Edit: My best deal was buying 15 packs of strings for €30 from a former shopkeeper. I had a job at a bicycle shop settled in the space where his shop used to be and he still lived upstairs.
Last edited by frankv at Oct 8, 2011,
As i sit typing this im wearing a Hollister T-Shirt. Just caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror and thought "man i look like a massive c*nt"
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by SlackerBabbath
I've recently noticed a trend where more and more people are actualy prefering unbranded clothes. Could this be the beginnings of a fashion backlash?

I dunno, a Jack Wills shop has just opened in Canterbury, now everyone is creaming over their overpriced, designer crap.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
These adbots are getting smarter. Joining years in advance, setting up an avatar and a fake persona. Not advertising anything. Feigning interest in us.

Oh my god, the adbots are becoming Pitmonkeys.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Quote by That Old Geezer
There goes my idea of using a misleading title purposely.

Best deal I ever got was my mini Squier guitar for $9

Holy Crap! How good was it though?
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I bought 5 pairs of skinny jeans (red, gray, purple, blue, and green) for $10.
I thought they made a mistake on the sign but they didn't so obviously I bought them. Best deal ever.
cat
I never get good deal

Or any kind of deal for that matter.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by aeroslash09
I once bit a slug in half.

Was it the front or back that was in your mouth?
Is it hot in here??

This one time in Dubai.....

Quote by daytripper75
I should ban you just for this thread title.

At least he said hello. It's nice when people say hello to you.
cat
Quote by guitarxo
At least he said hello. It's nice when people say hello to you.

You can join him.
I just bought the first 48 issues of The Walking Dead off Amazon for $33. That's more comics than dollars!
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Quote by frankv

I never liked the idea of paying for something, and still being a walking billboard because of it. That and the money.

Sadly the cheaper brands are often of poor quality, ill fitting and cheap materials. So my clothing choices are somewhere in the middle.

Yeah, I'm the same.
But take t-shirts for example, even good quality ones are still mass produced so wouldn't cost the manufacturer any more that £1 per shirt, once a screen print (probably working out at just pennies per print) and a label (again, pennies per label) are added to that shirt, the price of even a decent middle priced t-shirt to the public suddenly becomes astonomical when compared to the manufacturing costs.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about now. Like, people are wearing more tees without Abercrombie written across them in plain jane font.

I hope that's catching on anyway.

I have a bunch of shirts from H&M (they sell fairly hipster stuff anyway) that have no indication of any sort of brand on the exterior and they cost me about $7 each.

I don't mind buying branded clothes right now because I have nothing else to spend my money on really. I'm still pretty stingy about it, however.

Quote by SlackerBabbath
Yeah, I'm the same.
But take t-shirts for example, even good quality ones are still mass produced so wouldn't cost the manufacturer any more that £1 per shirt, once a screen print (probably working out at just pennies per print) and a label (again, pennies per label) are added to that shirt, the price of even a decent middle priced t-shirt to the public suddenly becomes astonomical when compared to the manufacturing costs.

It's even easier for the big companies since the more you produce, the cheaper each individual unit is.
Page 1 of 2