Hi guys,

I recently bought a Vintage V100GT (for those who don't know, it's a Les Paul copy) and the tuners are making a horrific rattling noise when I play open strings. I checked the guitar over and looked for what could be causing the problem (maybe loose truss rod, screws loose, things need to be tightened etc..) but nothing helped, so I took it to my guitar tech and he told me it was the tuners that needed replacing. I don't want to get the same tuners (Wilkinson) as I've heard A LOT of people are having this problem with their Vintage guitars. So I'm looking for some good replacement machine heads/tuners. Does anybody know what I should go for? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I'm looking to spend about £20-30.
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

Last edited by CharlieSlyster at Oct 8, 2011,
I never had problems with tuning on my Vintage, the neck fell off and the neck pickup fell out though...
Fender Custom Shop Designed 50's Classic Player Strat
Orange Micro Terror
Quote by Nirvanafanjonny
I never had problems with tuning on my Vintage, the neck fell off and the neck pickup fell out though...

Haha! Dude that's terrible!
Quote by Jason
Ancient scrolls predict that when Fred Durst and Lil Wayne perform a guitar duet while touching the tips of their penises together, the gates of hell will open and swallow us all.

Hehe.

I like to shop at Guitar Fetish, their hardware is really inexpensive but good quality.
Check out their tuners: http://guitarfetish.com/Tuners_c_5.html

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I like to shop at Guitar Fetish, their hardware is really inexpensive but good quality.
Check out their tuners: http://guitarfetish.com/Tuners_c_5.html

Bought from there a while ago, great guys and the bridge I bought was great, just took about 2 months to get here. (I live in England)

Does anybody know if these would be any good?

http://www.rockfactory.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=gtn-boston_060nlr
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Quote by Jason

Hehe.

I don't know how tuners can vibrate when under string tension, that's a new one, are you sure your guitar tech isn't touting for work ?

I've got 2 Vintage models and the tuners are excellent, better than the crappy ones on my Gibsons.

Have the tuners got little Phillips screwheads on the top of the tuning peg ?
These are friction adjusters, sometimes they work loose.
Quote by Major F. Sharp
I don't know how tuners can vibrate when under string tension, that's a new one, are you sure your guitar tech isn't touting for work ?

I've got 2 Vintage models and the tuners are excellent, better than the crappy ones on my Gibsons.

Have the tuners got little Phillips screwheads on the top of the tuning peg ?
These are friction adjusters, sometimes they work loose.

I've known him a long time and he's a f**king good guitar tech and a legend of a guy! His name's Andy Viccars. The rattle coming from the tuners is awful, and I have spoken to a number of Vintage owners and they have had the same problem as me. I have already tried that, and it didn't change anything at all
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Bump
Quote by Jason

Hehe.

Did your VInatge have the Chrome keys of the Plastic Tulip style? Pesonally Grover are great bang for the buck & sold by many vendors. About $35 will get you 18:1 tuners in neckel or chrome and they are garanteed for life. I had one go funny on my Elitist LP, I sent it in and in a few weeks they sent me a free replacement no questions asked.
Moving on.....
It's the plastic tulip style. I have Grovers on one of my cheap strat copies and like you said, they're great for the money! In fact, I was literally just about to buy the chrome machine heads when I received an email from JHS saying they had recently got a faulty batch of tuning pegs, and they are sending me some out today! RESULT.
Quote by Jason

Hehe.