I like V shaped guitars for some odd reason. I currently have a LTD V-200 and I like it. The problem is all the different tunings. Right now its tuned in E standard but sometimes I want to play stuff in D, C or even stuff like drop A. This becomes a problem because I cant just change the tuning all the time, so I decided to buy a 7-string. Can anyone recommend any good V shaped 7 string? The price doesnt really matter much.

Thank you
Well a 7 won't give you the same tunings as C or D standard, it's just a low B string.

Buy another 6 string V and have it set up for drop tunings.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
A 7 string would be pretty.. difficult to use in drop C or D standard, but for drop A and of course B standard it would do well.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Quote by heretodl
But a 7 string will still allow me to play stuff in C or D tuning.

How?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
I tune my 7 string schecter hellraiser to drop C and D all the time......Its a little tight but its been working good for me for over a year...
Quote by Eppicurt
How?

Maybe if you tune it down 1 step, so you have D-standard + an A string.
For Drop C just drop the D string.
This way you could have D-standard, Drop C and Drop A on one guitar.

If you want a V shaped 7, check out Agile Guitars. I've seen one or two on their site.
But what i'm saying is you're gonna have to tune everything down anyway and the TS stated he just wants a guitar for drop tunings, so wouldn't it make more sense to just buy a 6 string and set it up for drop tunings?

Just seems like the 7 string part came from no where.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
The low B gives you the range to play stuff in C or D, without losing any higher notes. Fingerings would be a little strange for some things, but anything on a 6 in a altered tuning can probably be transposed to a 7 without much trouble.
Quote by telemetal
If you want a V shaped 7, check out Agile Guitars. I've seen one or two on their site.

I've got a custom 7-string Reaper (when it B-stocked for $400) from Agile

Other than those few at Rondo, I don't really know of many affordable 7-string V's. However, if you wait for a little while, you can eventually buy this: http://espguitars.com/guitars/ltd-standard-deluxe/v-307.html

They were just announced over summer though, I haven't seen any on sale yet.
There's a few Agile Hornet 7's. I think there's 4 models, with the only real difference being either 25.5" or 27" Scale length and EMG's or Blackouts.
I'm not trying to be an ass or convince you otherwise, just the reasoning for owning a 7 string seems a little silly.

A 6 string setup with thick enough strings (12s - 13s) will get you to lower tunings easily.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Ok there has been a big misconception here. I don't think I was clear enough.

Right now its tuned in E standard but sometimes I want to play stuff in D standard, C standard or even stuff like drop A.

There. I never said anything about drop C or D, only drop A. And I agree, trying to play drop C/D on a 7 string would be wierd.

I want a 7 string because just like Telemetal said,
The low B gives you the range to play stuff in C or D, without losing any higher notes.

and
anything on a 6 in a altered tuning can probably be transposed to a 7 without much trouble.
Gibson have a 7 string V that looks pretty awesome (may be Epiphone, I don't remember). And ESP have a Nergal (Behemoth) 7 string V that also looks cool. Never used either one myself though, no idea if they're good (or value for money, etc)

EDIT: ESP also just have a V307 model. also pretty cool, and not a signature if that might bother you?

Strictly 7 make custom 7 string stuff, including an interesting V shaped thing.

That's all I can think of, off the top of my head.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Last edited by VVolverin3 at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by telemetal

Do they actually have a website? I've only seen them on rondo music.