has anyone had any experience with chinese made stratocasters, in particular how they compare to MIM strats. a local pawn shop has a few(used obviously) marked for $250 and they come with a case. is this deal any good, and what mods would you make if any. thanks.
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
it really depends on the individual guitar more than where it's made.

some chinese made strat copies are awful. some are good.

for example, there's things like the squier classic vibe series, which are actually very good guitars for the money, but of course there are also some terrible squiers made in china, too...

as far as i'm aware, i don't think there are any fenders made in china though (squiers are squiers, not fenders), so if you see a 'fender' made in china it's probably a fake.

this is quite a vague question though.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I says fender on it, I guess that might be a better question...has anyone ever heard of a genuine fender made in china?
"The beer I had for breakfast was pretty good, so I had another."
-Cash
No Fender has only made Squier guitars in China not Fender.

The only real guitars with the Fender name are ether USA, Mexico or Japan.

I would say it is a fake if it says made in China with the Fender logo.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
No Fender has only made Squier guitars in China not Fender.

The only real guitars with the Fender name are ether USA, Mexico or Japan.

I would say it is a fake if it says made in China with the Fender logo.

there are also some legit fenders made in korea

but yeah, it's probably a fake, or a copy (like a squier, for example) that someone has stuck a fender logo on, if it's made in china
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
there are also some legit fenders made in korea

but yeah, it's probably a fake, or a copy (like a squier, for example) that someone has stuck a fender logo on, if it's made in china

I always thought that they only made Squiers in Korea, guess I learned something new today
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Sure it doesn't say "Squier By Fender" on it? haha just saying because that's what's on my Squier P-bass that's made in China. Could be a common beginner mistake