Poll: Do you agree with the new South Park?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you agree with the new South Park?
Yes
27 44%
No
9 15%
Kinda Yes
21 34%
Kinda No
5 8%
Voters: 62.
Page 1 of 2
Do you agree with the message? Do you relate? Do you think it reflects on current times, given Stan is the rational observer?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by RSOB Bass
I didn't see it, what was the basic idea?

This. And why is there no joke option?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
This. And why is there no joke option?

He no joke, man.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
He no joke, man.

But D:
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
But D:

It's serious stuff he's talking about.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
It's serious stuff he's talking about.

What IS he talking about?
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
well this is going nowhere.. i'll just vote yes.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
What is the message? The only one I got is that a show shouldn't make major changes and should stick to what made it great in the first place.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
TS makes thread, leaves hoping everyone knows what he's talking about.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by frankv
What. They were saying the exact opposite. Things can only stay exciting if they take a left turn every once in a while.

did you see the very end of the new episode?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
He's at that point I was in life where everything just seemed like shit to me.
It was powerful.

I'm not sure what to make of it right now, but the last two episodes were maybe some of the most personal and true stories I've seen for a long time. Certainly the most touching South Park story line.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
did you see the very end of the new episode?

You mean the end where Stan chugs some alcohol to make his repetitive life more tolerable?

In my opinion Stan's parents getting back together, because it's what they know was a reflection of shows like Family Guy and whoever never changing their formula even when it's become boring. Change can be scary and feel uninviting, but sometimes it's for the best.

And it was powerful indeed. Two of the most memorable episodes in the series.
Man, that episode was extremely unfunny and they wasted the Cartman Burger story.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Man, that episode was extremely unfunny and they wasted the Cartman Burger story.

Cartman Burger sounded like shit.
you're a stone fox
Quote by CrazyPigeon
I disliked the way they pronounced "aspergers".

(Invalid img)
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
I didn't think it was particularly funny, but I enjoyed it. To me, the most powerful part was at the end, where Stan takes a swig of whiskey just to be able to hang out with his friends. Then, the credits come on without the ending theme, which usually lightens any "serious" shit left at the end of the show. But it just shows that they aren't kidding.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by goldmember1217
I thought it was terrible. No one wants to watch South Park for philosophical messages.

That's its main appeal to me. It's funny, but it's also clever and these last couple of episodes are only really meant for people who've been watching it for a long time and actually "get" it.

I thought it was really powerful and thought-provoking, not some of their best humour but definitely had an effect on me. I like things that make me sad anyway.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
Quote by papershredder
That's its main appeal to me. It's funny, but it's also clever and these last couple of episodes are only really meant for people who've been watching it for a long time and actually "get" it.

I thought it was really powerful and thought-provoking, not some of their best humour but definitely had an effect on me. I like things that make me sad anyway.

^i agree, it was a good episode; however they'll need to get back on track with the outrageous funny type of episodes in the upcoming season(s) or else the show won't last much longer in my opinion
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^i agree, it was a good episode; however they'll need to get back on track with the outrageous funny type of episodes in the upcoming season(s) or else the show won't last much longer in my opinion

I think they will. Either way, I'm sure they'll always have a decent fan base.
- - - - - - - -
When I think of the perpetual journey through life
When it always feels like autumn
The wind moves slowly to the north
And the flowers die
Rain falls in my dreams

- - - - - - - -
I loved the new episode. Their premieres are always amazing. I laughed so hard when Stan crashed through the window.

But I agree the last 2 episodes were pretty different and depressing. I'm glad they kept the funny while they're doing this whole depressed story arc.

By the way, did anyone watch Family Guy this week? It was super depressing too (not in the same way at all, though).
Day man
Fighter of the Night man
Champion of the sun
You’re a master of karate and friendship…for everyone
Up until these past two episodes, I don't think South Park has ever caused me to really look at myself. I've totally had my Stan moments.

I actually like the serious spin on the show every once in a while. Trey and Matt are really clever guys.

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson

South Park has been on the air for 14 years. It isn't going anywhere, man.
Quote by yaaarp
I loved the new episode. Their premieres are always amazing. I laughed so hard when Stan crashed through the window.

But I agree the last 2 episodes were pretty different and depressing. I'm glad they kept the funny while they're doing this whole depressed story arc.

By the way, did anyone watch Family Guy this week? It was super depressing too (not in the same way at all, though).

Oh my god, yes!
I was totally not expecting that, and I found myself laughing way too hard.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Quote by happytimeharry

South Park has been on the air for 14 years. It isn't going anywhere, man.

Tell that to the Simpsons
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
When a show/artist never changes= They're boring

When they show some progression= They sold out, man.

You just can't win
Quote by Kevin19

You just can't win

Selling out is winning. Everybody just gets jealous of how great you are
Quote by blackflag49
Condoms, for all the copious amounts of pussy with which you will be inevitably bombarded from this moment onward.

Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Tell that to the Simpsons

they got renewed for two more seasons
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Kevin19

You just can't win

That's partly true. The haters in the two cases aren't the same, they're just two minorities that seems bigger because they open their mouth more often than those who like the show/artist. And upon changing, some like it and just enjoys it and some feel the need to state their hate.

It's still sad.
I agreed when Stan yelled at the cynics who need to get drunk to not hate everything "You people are so full of shit."
At first I was like "ohh it's not going to be sad anymore yay!"

but then that ending man
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 2