Hi guys,
I got a new guitar with a floyd rose recently. Basically after learning the hard way to set it up and restring it (took me 6 hours yesterday) it's set up properly and in tune
Today I'm gonna jam with the other guitarist from my band at his place. Now here's the qustion - How do I transport a floyd rose? I have a gig bag for the guitar, but do I unscrew the whammy bar before taking it anywhere?
Transport it as a usual guitar.

If it still takes long to set it up. Then lock the bridge.
Quote by piszczel
Hi guys,
I got a new guitar with a floyd rose recently. Basically after learning the hard way to set it up and restring it (took me 6 hours yesterday) it's set up properly and in tune
Today I'm gonna jam with the other guitarist from my band at his place. Now here's the qustion - How do I transport a floyd rose? I have a gig bag for the guitar, but do I unscrew the whammy bar before taking it anywhere?

Just take off the whammy bar and transport it like you would any other guitar.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Quote by piszczel
Hi guys,

Always unscrew the tremolo arm out if transporting a floyd rose guitar. I would suggest even unscrewing the tremolo arm/whammy bar out if you are not playing it. Just because accident do happen, something can get hooked on the whammy bar or fall on it. It could damage the bridge.

Also in the future, remove one string at a time when re-stringing. I remember when I re-strung my Floyd Rose the first time it took about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Now I can do it on about 40-45 minutes (that includes tuning it completely and just having it ready). So once you do it a few times you will get better and quicker at it.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
1. Remove the tremolo arm.
2. Put the guitar in your gigbag.
3. Close your gigbag.
4. Done!
Quote by Bonsaischaap
Just take off the whammy bar and transport it like you would any other guitar.

word
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Main thing is to take off the whammy bar.
Learned that the hard way...
Got pushed back in the bag and while a good trem with good strings can take itin moderation a hour bus journey it did not take... and took a guitar out of a gigbag with a broken string
Sometimes the easiest solutions are the best. Removing the bar is obvious, but depending on how high you have the Floyd set, I use a credit card sized shim under the tremolo to avoid pressure from the bag (outside bumps, crap in the zip compartment, etc..) taking it out of tune or stretching the strings.

As for setup, when changing gauge up or down, tighten or loosen the body screws about 1/4 turn (at standard spring tension for 10's - at least on most ESP's). Once you get used to the mechanics of a Floyd, you'll get faster at changes.