I'm planning to make my first guitar-related purchase that isn't a guitar. I'm buying new pickups for my Jackson Dinky, the stock pickups are kinda weak. I'm on a budget so I'm looking on eBay. I hear Seymour Duncan and EMG pickups are very good, is there any other specs I should keep an eye out for?
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
What amp are you using? No point in changing pickups if you have a crap amp. Get a good amp, then change the pickups if you still want a slight change in tone.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
avoid emg hz and select pickups

other than that, koshman's advice is pretty sound
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
blackouts>>>>>>>>>emg 81/85
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
If you want to get some good pickups for a little less than SY, try Dean Markelys. But again like people have asked, what amp are you using? EX) Line 6 Spider III = no variation in tone, if you want something very similar but better for the same price, go Peavey Vypyrs.