Don't spend money you haven't got. If you can't afford the ESP one, don't buy it.

For what it's worth, going by looks I prefer the Ibanez one. I never recommend buying a white guitar as they can lose their colour pretty easily - especially if you smoke (I do, and I had a white guitar once which ended up being a dull yellowish type colour).

The only way to make a real decision is to go to a shop and try them. Nobodies opinion but yours matters.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I doubt the sound is that different, maybe a wee bit because of the maple cap on the ibby.
Ibby has better upper fret access.

The ibanez is the more expensive model here at least.
Theyre quite similar guitars. I'd call it a toss up.
Quote by GaryBillington
Don't spend money you haven't got. If you can't afford the ESP one, don't buy it.

For what it's worth, going by looks I prefer the Ibanez one. I never recommend buying a white guitar as they can lose their colour pretty easily - especially if you smoke (I do, and I had a white guitar once which ended up being a dull yellowish type colour).

The only way to make a real decision is to go to a shop and try them. Nobodies opinion but yours matters.

I take very good care of anything, and I don't smoke anyway. Is there anything else I should be wary about if I get the white one?

Quote by DimebagZappa
I doubt the sound is that different, maybe a wee bit because of the maple cap on the ibby.
Ibby has better upper fret access.

The ibanez is the more expensive model here at least.
Theyre quite similar guitars. I'd call it a toss up.

Well then what do you think would sound better? Tone-wise, I don't have a bias quite yet.
Quote by batiboy06
I take very good care of anything, and I don't smoke anyway. Is there anything else I should be wary about if I get the white one?

So long as you take care of it, it will last as long as you want it to. I just know white guitars don't stay that way forever and are probably the hardest to keep clean - even if you don't smoke it'll show up any slight marks.

If you get that one, I'd recommend making sure you have a case to keep it in all the time you aren't playing it so it doesn't get dusty etc.

But seriously, get to a shop and try them. While you're there try every other guitar you can afford. It's the only way to make this decision.
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Last edited by GaryBillington at Oct 8, 2011,
I would go ESP, but the ibanez have such a hot bridge..

Soundwise, they both have EMG so they are probably going to sound pretty much the same.
Don't buy either. Instead get a telecaster
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Ibanez arz800, all ltd guitars are low quality shit. When you pay for ibanez, you get what you paid for. Wen you pay for ltd, you get shit with your money.
the ibanez is probably a better guitar
if its cheaper, id definitely get the ibanez
Quote by cemges
Ibanez arz800, all ltd guitars are low quality shit.

Wrong. Anything from the 400 series up to sigs and deluxe models are solid guitars. especially the deluxe ones.
My stuff

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Ibanez ADC120
Tanglewood TGRF VS
Blackstar HT20
Roland Micro Cube
I really would not want to look at that ugly quilted top every day. Save up for the ESP.
Quote by jpnyc
I really would not want to look at that ugly quilted top every day. Save up for the ESP.

...and that's why he has to make up his own mind. I thought the quilted top looked great.
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
I'd go with the ESP.
I love my ec-1000, and the only real difference between mine and that is the hardware.

also, the ibby's headstock looks horrible to me
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
I've found the LTD brand to be much better quality. Ibanez is okay, but LTD is often better set up and ready to go.
Quote by cemges
Ibanez arz800, all ltd guitars are low quality shit. When you pay for ibanez, you get what you paid for. Wen you pay for ltd, you get shit with your money.

You do realize the Arz series is made in china right?

I bought an arz800 and was very disappointed in the quality of workmanship.
I highly doubt the indonesian guitars would be any worse.

It really is a toss up. They will both sound almost exactly the same.

Quote by RoadsToFreedom
I've found the LTD brand to be much better quality. Ibanez is okay, but LTD is often better set up and ready to go.

You sir do not know what your talking about.
Last edited by DimebagZappa at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by DimebagZappa
You do realize the Arz series is made in china right?

I bought an arz800 and was very disappointed in the quality of workmanship.
I highly doubt the indonesian guitars would be any worse.

It really is a toss up. They will both sound almost exactly the same.

You sir do not know what your talking about.

Oh that was your point. Never mind the fact that I've played numerous Ibanez AR and LTD EC guitars side by side to compare them, let's go with your expertise, shall we?
No, no we wont. Its all subjective. But you talking about guitars better setup is retarded.
Buying a new guitar you had best plan to set it up.
I'm not saying it didn't need work. It's just the action and intonation were better in the LTD brand overall when compared to the Ibanez models.
Quote by GaryBillington
So long as you take care of it, it will last as long as you want it to. I just know white guitars don't stay that way forever and are probably the hardest to keep clean - even if you don't smoke it'll show up any slight marks.

If you get that one, I'd recommend making sure you have a case to keep it in all the time you aren't playing it so it doesn't get dusty etc.

But seriously, get to a shop and try them. While you're there try every other guitar you can afford. It's the only way to make this decision.

I was expecting more answers like this and less of an argument. Thanks bro!

Quote by LZRocker
Don't buy either. Instead get a telecaster

K. The only telecaster I'm probably getting myself some other point of my life would be Jim Root's.

Quote by lfcagger
Wrong. Anything from the 400 series up to sigs and deluxe models are solid guitars. especially the deluxe ones.

This.
So, which guitar did you wind up going with?

I'm looking at these two guitars myself. I'm partial to the Ibanez 'cause I've got two that are both over 20 years old and still play great but to be honest they have both been in cases for 10 years cause I haven't played in that long and just recently busted them out and started playing again.

All the modern metal is played downtuned these days so I'm looking at getting one of these two and tuning it to C. There are a few used LTD's at a Music go Round here but I don't remember which models they were.
I would go for the Ibby, more value for money and the looks rule IMO.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by Bowhunt
So, which guitar did you wind up going with?

I'm looking at these two guitars myself. I'm partial to the Ibanez 'cause I've got two that are both over 20 years old and still play great but to be honest they have both been in cases for 10 years cause I haven't played in that long and just recently busted them out and started playing again.

All the modern metal is played downtuned these days so I'm looking at getting one of these two and tuning it to C. There are a few used LTD's at a Music go Round here but I don't remember which models they were.

I still have time to decide anyway. I'll get some time and try them, both dropped and in standard (although I play drop C most of the time). I guess the ESP one can also last that long anyway. I guess it just boils down to a coin toss (kidding). We'll see.

Quote by breakstuff
I would go for the Ibby, more value for money and the looks rule IMO.

I'm a minimalist - well not very. Somehow I'm afraid there will come a day that it'll look normal (as in there's nothing special about its looks anymore) haha
The Ibanez is cheaper and better looking, and without trying either guitar I'd assume it plays and sounds basically the same.

I'd suggest trying out a Hagstrom Swede (people are going to get sick of hearing that from me) but they've got passive humbuckers. Would I be right in assuming you're only interested in EMGs?
The finish on the ARZ looks about 10 times better in person than in pics in my opinion. I really wanted one the first time I saw it. However when I picked it up and played it I didn't like it much. It has medium frets and a weird neck (weird to me anyway, probably not actually weird), but it plays remarkably different to any EC I've played. I also think the EC will sound a bit heavier, warmer as the ARZ is a fairly skinny guitar, less full bodied, etc.

So as much as I'm normally an Ibby fanboy, I'd recommend the EC (if you can afford it! )
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Ok so the sound almost same, then ibanez, because of fretboard. But I wouldn't buy either. Get a mick thompson blood red if you have money
Quote by Butt Rayge
The Ibanez is cheaper and better looking, and without trying either guitar I'd assume it plays and sounds basically the same.

I'd suggest trying out a Hagstrom Swede (people are going to get sick of hearing that from me) but they've got passive humbuckers. Would I be right in assuming you're only interested in EMGs?

EMG's yes. I'm sorry I haven't heard of that guitar yet (I'm from Asia).

Quote by cemges
Ok so the sound almost same, then ibanez, because of fretboard. But I wouldn't buy either. Get a mick thompson blood red if you have money

There's a reason I picked both of these.

Quote by VVolverin3
The finish on the ARZ looks about 10 times better in person than in pics in my opinion. I really wanted one the first time I saw it. However when I picked it up and played it I didn't like it much. It has medium frets and a weird neck (weird to me anyway, probably not actually weird), but it plays remarkably different to any EC I've played. I also think the EC will sound a bit heavier, warmer as the ARZ is a fairly skinny guitar, less full bodied, etc.

So as much as I'm normally an Ibby fanboy, I'd recommend the EC (if you can afford it! )

Well for me they were equally impressive the first time I saw them. A couple more visits, the EC looked sexier. I'm getting impressions of a fatter sound from the EC. I think that would be its edge against the ibby. Will be trying both of them soon, anyway.