I've just recently started my course in University, it is a performance course, and I'm going to have to learn to sight-read sheet music.

I can read sheet music anyway, but I'm a guitarist and I use tab more than sheet so I don't have a great grasp of sheet music.

Is it common for guitarists to have difficulty understanding sheet music?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
I've just recently started my course in University, it is a performance course, and I'm going to have to learn to sight-read sheet music.

I can read sheet music anyway, but I'm a guitarist and I use tab more than sheet so I don't have a great grasp of sheet music.

Is it common for guitarists to have difficulty understanding sheet music?

More like a difficulty with being patient enough to work their way through a method book to learn it in the 1st place...... yeah that's common.

You have the ability to understand it though. You just need more experience reading standard notation. If you're at a university for a music degree you'll get plenty of that.
Do your homework assignments and practice sight reading as much and as regularly as you can.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by GuitarMunky
More like a difficulty with being patient enough to work their way through a method book to learn it in the 1st place...... yeah that's common.

You have the ability to understand it though. You just need more experience reading standard notation. If you're at a university for a music degree you'll get plenty of that.
Do your homework assignments and practice sight reading as much and as regularly as you can.

Ah kk, I definitely have the patience for it. I find music theory work kind of fun, like puzzles for my ears
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
Ah kk, I definitely have the patience for it. I find music theory work kind of fun, like puzzles for my ears

Cool. It'll come together for you. Just keep at it.
shred is gaudy music