Page 1 of 2

Your experiences with angry fans on FaceBook, Youtube, etc. I found this on the comment section of a a Guitar World poll for greatest shred album. (Not hoppin' on the band wagon against A7X, but this is what I saw)

EDIT: Not just music fans, I find OU fans to be the most obnoxious people in the world.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Oct 8, 2011,
Just put "AC/DC are shit" as my status. Let's find out.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by WCPhils
she's right though

You're a bunch of emos, WCPhils.
you're a stone fox
Yeah but it's easier to shit on a dog than to understand what she's on about.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Saint78
You're a bunch of emos, WCPhils.

A7X isn't emo
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by Trowzaa
Just put "AC/DC are shit" as my status. Let's find out.

Tell us how it goes.
I think people probably hate Avenged Sevenfold more because their fans tend to act like she does than they do for actually disliking the band.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
The thing about polls is that they reflect the popular opinion, which may not necessarily give the greatest credit to those who deserve it the most. Bitch thinks she's smart but she's stupid. Fans got angry because they believed that A7X didn't deserve the vote (or title or whatever. I don't know the details) and that there are other candidates who are worthy. The problem is that merit is difficult to define here
Quote by strat0blaster
I think people probably hate Avenged Sevenfold more because their fans tend to act like she does than they do for actually disliking the band.

True. I love A7X but hate the majority of the fans who act like they are the greatest thing ever,
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
True. I love A7X but hate the majority of the fans who act like they are the greatest thing ever,

I think they can be pretty good at times. But yeah, I hate those sorts of people who are like OMG THE REV IS DEAD OMGOMGOMG HE'S LYK TEH GRETEST MUSICIAN EVR OMGOMGOMG, LOOK HOW MUCH I LOOK LYKE HIM. Dio? Who's that?
Quote by Afroboy267
I think they can be pretty good at times. But yeah, I hate those sorts of people who are like OMG THE REV IS DEAD OMGOMGOMG HE'S LYK TEH GRETEST MUSICIAN EVR OMGOMGOMG, LOOK HOW MUCH I LOOK LYKE HIM. Dio? Who's that?

exactly. It's gets extremely annoying.
___

Quote by The_Blode
I hate those fans that don't recognize the flaws in their favorite band and think everything they do is amazing & perfect.
Order & Justice
Order Restored, Justice Served
I have no opinion of them whatsoever (angry fans, not A7X.) I listen to what I like, and I don't push it on anyone. I respect others listening to what they like, as long as they don't push it on me. They get angry because they claim others are shitting on their opinions, when said "shit" was just an opinion as well. It's those angry fans who don't know what the fuck an opinion is.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
Well they're famous because they appeal to many people, (mainly angsty scene teens ), It ddoesn't really mean they're famous because they're good. (not saying they're bad, I just don't like them, but still.)

I also agree with Afroboy, The rev was a good drummer, and a good writter, and good singer, but him and syn are not the greatest thing to ever happen to the drums, guitar, or music in general.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
I listen to Creed and Limp Bizkit so I know several people hate those bands, but the haters don't really bother me.

I like the Foo Fighters and it's fun seeing how Due 07 goes out of his way to make a point how much he hates them every time theirs or Dave Grohl's name gets brought up.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I never cared about haters, although it does annoy the piss out of me that people have so much goddamn time on their hands that they literally go out of their way to go into a band's thread and talk shit. It's why I never go into the B&A forum anymore. If you hate them then that's fine, but piss off and leave the fans alone. I'm not ashamed of what I like. Except for Design the Skyline. I like them
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
I never cared about haters, although it does annoy the piss out of me that people have so much goddamn time on their hands that they literally go out of their way to go into a band's thread and talk shit. It's why I never go into the B&A forum anymore. If you hate them then that's fine, but piss off and leave the fans alone. I'm not ashamed of what I like. Except for Design the Skyline. I like them

You should try reading the comments on UG articles, almost all of them are filled with people bitching about the artist in the article.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
I feel this way about some Radiohead fans. I love them alot, but they're not the best band in the world (there's no such thing).

It's very hard to get people to open their minds up about a band when they protect the band with the utmost vigilance.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by Crazyedd123
but they're not the best band in the world

You shut your mouth

I don't even like Radiohead that much anymore

OT: I'm pretty much the first one to get butt hurt and lose my shit if any bands I listen to are insulted. I have a friend that tells me that Post-Rock's so boring he "nearly fell asleep listening to it". In fact he says that about a lot of my music, always pisses me off because I feel like the dude's calling ME boring or some shit.

Anyway, yeah I turn into a pissy fanboy when my bands are insulted.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
You shut your mouth

I don't even like Radiohead that much anymore

OT: I'm pretty much the first one to get butt hurt and lose my shit if any bands I listen to are insulted. I have a friend that tells me that Post-Rock's so boring he "nearly fell asleep listening to it". In fact he says that about a lot of my music, always pisses me off because I feel like the dude's calling ME boring or some shit.

Anyway, yeah I turn into a pissy fanboy when my bands are insulted.

TV on the Radio is bad and you should feel terrible for listening to them

2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Kevin Sherwood (composed music for Black Ops) posted a link to A7X playing a song they made for Black Ops
Quote by Kevin's fan
you and elenas songs are better

Quote by Annoying A7X Fan
For **** sake, Avenged Sevenfold are gods, Enough of the sucking up to elena and kevin, They are good yes, But i assume pretty much most of the people here are only into their genre of music BECAUSE of the Call of Duty games.

The two most annoying types of fans are Call of Duty fans and Avenged Sevenfold fans
Yeah A7X fans are pretty annoying. I added a chick who I went to school with (cause she has big titties) and every status on facebook is '0MG THE REV IS SO0O0O0O0O0 UHMAZING.' blah blah blah shit like that. It really does make me hate the band and want to argue with her using the arguments from fellow pit-goers
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55

A reasonable thing to be ashamed of.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Never read the comments on a youtube video of a metal song. Flamers be flaming, trolls be trolling, and dipshits be commenting.

EDIT: ^
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
Never read the comments on a youtube video of any song. Flamers be flaming, trolls be trolling, and dipshits be commenting.

Fixed it for you.
Recently, I've only been listening to rather obscure (relatively speaking, at least) stuff. So, since most of the people familiar with the bands like their music, I don't come across haters all too often (except with Old Silver Key, and even then people don't rage like angry A7X fanboys).

Quote by izbbass
Never read the comments on a youtube video of a metal song. Flamers be flaming, trolls be trolling, and dipshits be commenting.

I try not to to read youtube comments. Period. They're all terrible.
rebecca black is famous, doesnt mean she is good
Quote by edgeyyz
It's like everyone's getting laid and I'm the only virgin...

Quote by Nunwhxre 666
I now dub thee, Fapking.

Bow down to the Fapking!

Shoop Group!
Quote by EchoxOath

Yes it does, she can sing beautifully and has talent. udntknowwaturtalkinbout
Quote by izbbass

That shit's amazing. I went to some metal forum and the best way to troll them is to go to a <insert band discussion here> thread and say "oh __ isn't metal" or label them subgenre of metal wrong. I think I raged a lot of people when I made a thread saying "Slipknot is my favorite blackened death metal band, and Korn is the best thing to happen to sludge since Pantera" lolz were had.

Quote by EchoxOath

Doesn't mean she's bad either.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Oct 8, 2011,
Just posted "BMTH and Asking Alexandria are ****ing awful"

Let's see how many "hardxcore" kids in my town rage on me. A few months back I had almost 20 say they wanted to kill me. I'll screen cap if it happens.
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
That shit's amazing. I went to some metal forum and the best way to troll them is to go to a <insert band discussion here> thread and say "oh __ isn't metal" or label them subgenre of metal wrong. I think I raged a lot of people when I made a thread saying "Slipknot is my favorite blackened death metal band, and Korn is the best thing to happen to sludge since Pantera" lolz were had.

Could they not see that that's obvious trolling?
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Quote by TheAbsentOne
Just posted "BMTH and Asking Alexandria are ****ing awful"

Let's see how many "hardxcore" kids in my town rage on me. A few months back I had almost 20 say they wanted to kill me. I'll screen cap if it happens.

I remember I went on youtube and said that The Pot was the only Tool song I liked and I had like 8 death threats and like 20 hate messages in my mailbox bitching at how a ****** I was and I probably listened to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus and didn't know real music

Quote by izbbass
Could they not see that that's obvious trolling?

Apparently not. Funny how on some of these music forums I go on and I troll they think I'm serious, but when I'm trolling they think it's real. That was an example of when they thought I was serious. They thought I was trolling when I said that I enjoyed listening to Creed.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495

Quote by JayT44

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Last edited by Horsedick.MPEG at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
I remember I went on youtube and said that The Pot was the only Tool song I liked and I had like 8 death threats and like 20 hate messages in my mailbox bitching at how a ****** I was and I probably listened to Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus and didn't know real music

I once made one little comment on a Whitechapel video on youtube. I had two replies. One said "dumbass" while the other said something along the lines of "I hope [whitechapel singer] rapes you up the ass with a chainsaw you 13 year old girl"

It was a genre fight or something like that. Metalcore vs Deathcore vs Death Metal. Pretty pointless

Quote by Afroboy267
Primus are famous and they suck .

Primus really sucks

I like how you can leave that on a Primus video, and the 13 year olds with call you a fag, while the real fans give it a thumbs up.
Quote by UntilISleep

Quote by Primus2112

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7

kkoo
Last edited by izbbass at Oct 8, 2011,
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG

Apparently not. Funny how on some of these music forums I go on and I troll they think I'm serious, but when I'm trolling they think it's real. That was an example of when they thought I was serious. They thought I was trolling when I said that I enjoyed listening to Creed.

Seen that a thousand times

It's pathetic

EDIT: So far, I've gotten "Check out Black Veil Brides" But, I don't honestly hate them or anything. I almost dig it.. Except how they look. The scene is awful
Page 1 of 2