I was playing today on my amp and all of a sudden it popped and shut off and wouldn't turn back on. So I suspected I had blown a fuse so I took the fuse out (the one by the power cable) and I don't know how to tell if its blow or not. How do you tell?
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
free bump night

There is a metal tab or strip of wire usually that if broken, indicates a blown fuse. Similar to a light bulb wire breaking when a light bulb blows.

Is this for the B52 LS?

Often times, a blown fuse is an indicator of a problem. Fuses usually do not blow on their own - like from age etc. If a new fuse blows right away after replacing - take it to tech. If this is regarding a tube amp - take it to tech.
if it is a glass fuse then ur looking for a wire that runs from both of the metal ends inside that is no longer connected. Take a look at the fuses that arent blown, u will see a metal wire running all the way across. If the wire in the middle is not one long strand and broken in two, you know its blown. I would first go to radio shack with the fuse and buy a replacement, install it and if it works all good then no need to see a tech. MAKE SURE THE FUSE U BUY AS A REPLACEMENT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AMPS AND VOLTS!!!

If the fuse behind the power connector is not blown you will have to take the chassis out to see if any fuses are blown inside.

If you dont feel comfortable changing the fuse then take it to a tech.
I looked at the fuse and saw the wire wasn't connected and figure that was what it was but just wanted to double check. And no its for a Hughes and Kettner Warp 7.

Thanks guys!
Gear
Guitars-
Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
Paul Reed Smith Mike Mushok Baritone
Squire Bullet
Carlos Acoustic
Epiphone Banjo
Amps-
Mesa Boogie DC-5
B-52 LS-100 and Matching cab
and tons of miscellaneous stuff
Quote by zamanakhan
if it is a glass fuse then ur looking for a wire that runs from both of the metal ends inside that is no longer connected. Take a look at the fuses that arent blown, u will see a metal wire running all the way across. If the wire in the middle is not one long strand and broken in two, you know its blown. I would first go to radio shack with the fuse and buy a replacement, install it and if it works all good then no need to see a tech. MAKE SURE THE FUSE U BUY AS A REPLACEMENT IS EXACTLY THE SAME AMPS AND VOLTS!!!

If the fuse behind the power connector is not blown you will have to take the chassis out to see if any fuses are blown inside.

If you dont feel comfortable changing the fuse then take it to a tech.

You also need to check if the fuse is normal or slo-blow.