I know the subject is prob beaten to death but I'm having a hard time deciding

Ever since i bought my AVRI52 telecaster I've been in love with th way it feels, plays and sounds. The only thing I don't like is the is the fact that the bridge pickup sounds a bit to thin. She's one heavy telecaster at well over 4kg(yes, she's all ash body) and I'm using 011 ernie ball strings which will prob be switched for a set of 012 in the future. I can always beef up the bridge with the amp(64 fender blackface bandmaster which is on loan) but the neck pickup ends up sounding muddy.

What I'm looking for: a pickup set with balls and not to much output that will turn the telecaster into the mean rhythm machine she's destined to become. I don't want to lose the tele character so no single coils sized humbuckers etc or any of that stuff. As for output: most likely vintage hot, pref no modern day outputs or sounds. My current amp is a 64 band master which is on loan till my custom JTM45 is being build(EL34 tubes, CCS mod, all the good stuff). Music style will go from blues, classic rock, stoner, punk but non of those high gain brutal metul etc(though i do like my dirty and smooth fuzz sounds).

I've been looking around the interwebs for a bit but it's really easy to get lost. Pickups that sound interesting: bare knuckle the boss, bare knuckle flat 50's, fender nocasters, lollar vintage T, lollar special T, harmonic design super 90(p90 in a tele bridge) and klein fat man pickups. Anyone got any input on any of those sets and got some more tips on other builders?

budget isn't really a problem as long as i don't have to end up paying something stupid like 500 dollars for a set.
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
Why not use a single sized HB and wire it for coil tap? then you'll have hat fat HB sound and the twangy Tele sound.

Thats what I have done with my tele's
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by allochthomas
... I don't want to lose the tele character so no single coils sized humbuckers etc or any of that stuff. As for output: most likely vintage hot, pref no modern day outputs or sounds. My current amp is a 64 band master which is on loan till my custom JTM45 is being build(EL34 tubes, CCS mod, all the good stuff). Music style will go from blues, classic rock, stoner, punk but non of those high gain brutal metul etc(though i do like my dirty and smooth fuzz sounds).

I've been looking around the interwebs for a bit but it's really easy to get lost. Pickups that sound interesting: bare knuckle the boss, bare knuckle flat 50's, fender nocasters, lollar vintage T, lollar special T, harmonic design super 90(p90 in a tele bridge) and klein fat man pickups. Anyone got any input on any of those sets and got some more tips on other builders?

budget isn't really a problem as long as i don't have to end up paying something stupid like 500 dollars for a set.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/products/electric/telecaster/medium-output/hot_for_tele_le/ ... awesome from Blues to Dinosaur Rock ... high gain is pretty good too although the BKPs are better if you're a high gain ho ... YardBird or BlackGuard.

I have the YardBird and will probably grab the BlackGuard soon.

@Robbgnarly: i have my strat with a pearlygates in the bridge for the humbucker sounds, i just want a fatter tele pickup

@Capt_Clarkson: no offense but i hate active pickups

@Ippon: not really highgain distrotion, more a smooth fat fuzz kind of high gain(though i have played metallica on the 52 tele just because i could)
gear
-Giablo JTM45
-Hook 2X12
-fender hw1 strat
-Fender AVRI 62 strat
GFS has the fat body tele pickup, it has Bass pole pieces and is soposed to be a pretty thick sounding tele pickup.

Being that your in Holland maybe look in to Irongear pickups, cheap but pretty good sound.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate