I've got some major buzzing and occasional popping when I am not touching anything on the bass. It is only when I touch something metal (strings/tuning heads/etc.) that it goes away.

I took the whole thing apart and checked all the soldering and it seems to be just fine. I changed the 9V battery and that didn't do much either. This has just recently become a problem any ideas of what it could be?

ps: If this has been posted in the incorrect forum and am sorry, the last time I was active here I think it was 2002.
Probably more around 2006 or so...

Could it be that it's not shielded properly?
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Sounds like a grounding problem. If you've already had a look inside and didn't see anything, try taking the bridge off and make sure the grounding wire is contacting the bottom of the bridge.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
I've clearly lost my sense of time...

I did take the bridge off and the grounding wires are right where the should be. I have noticed that if I mess with the battery pot in the back there is a considerable increase in noise, including much more popping. Could there be a wiring issue there?
This statement is false.