Page 1 of 2
Hey everyone. Skittles here. I've noticed a really fucking awesome guitar around called the ESP Angel Sword. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a video of it in action?

Some pics:

More pics: Click it.

Would be kick-ass to play.

Also, 5 points to whoever can tell me how to tune it. (I already know how, but do you?)

Dysania:
The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Want that on a shirt? Check out my DistrictLines online store, Asixex

For that exact shirt, click here

ESP/LTD H-51
CRATE G-40-C
DIGITECH DF-7

That looks like it would be a bitch to play, especially sitting down.
So that with good courage we say, “The Lord is my helper. I will not fear. What can man do to me?”

-Hebrews 13:6
Quote by RoadsToFreedom
Release the locking nuts and use the silver Steinberger pegs behind the bridge.

/dunce

+5

... Okay, so I didn't think about releasing the nuts, but I knew where the pegs were.
Quote by TrabenBassist22
That looks like it would be a bitch to play, especially sitting down.

Looks like it. But it looks ****ing amazing. You could slay a dragon and then play a wicked ass guitar solo.

Dysania:
The state of finding it hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Want that on a shirt? Check out my DistrictLines online store, Asixex

For that exact shirt, click here

ESP/LTD H-51
CRATE G-40-C
DIGITECH DF-7

Quote by SkittlesR
+5

... Okay, so I didn't think about releasing the nuts, but I knew where the pegs were.

Looks like it. But it looks ****ing amazing. You could slay a dragon and then play a wicked ass guitar solo.

-Jamaican accent- Details, minor details

And yeah, it looks like it should've been featured in the video for Dio's "Holy Diver."
What a terrible looking guitar. I can just imagine two pre pubescent kids each picking one of these up at guitar center and battling it out.

Or you know, one of your kids picking it up and deciding to slay a dog with it or something.

I think what im trying to say is that it looks like a toy, not a guitar.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
I'm so glad skittles is here!

/sarcasm

Anyway, this guitar is old news, if you can't find it on the internet by using youtube or google (who are the same company anyway), then why would we be able to?
Where's Waldo?
That is F-in ugly as hell, even Gwar has much nicer looking guitars!
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Hell, GWAR is nicer looking.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Epic Fail. Looks horrid, and the only purpose I see for it is to hang it above your chimney........and hopefully it will catch fire someday and you can take a pic of it when its half ablaze for future reminescence.
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
All the same posters in this thread own RG's, V's, and Xiphos shaped guitars.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Oct 9, 2011,
not sure why all the hate....its not like i would buy it, or pay money for it. but its pretty cool, kinda a novelty. id hang it up on a wall, and its cool to know i can play it too.

looks llike something that would belong to swisgaars swigelf
Quote by JustRooster
All the same posters in this thread own RG's, V's, and Xiphos shaped guitars.

Out of sheer curiosity I looked up the Xiphos because I didn't recognize the name. Jesus, it's like a preschooler went to town on a Razorback template with a pair of scissors. I'd rather have the Angel Sword. Some guitar shapes, I will never understand their appeal. Different strokes I suppose.
eh. i think it looks pretty cool. I like things that are out there. Definitely a head turner if nothing else. I guarantee the price is ridiculous though
It looks cool. Relax everybody. Just because it doesn't look like a strat or a les paul doesn't mean people can't like it. Y'all gotta chill and admit that it is kinda cool looking.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
I would play that thing in a heartbeat. Only if I tuned it down to like G standard though. XD Not even G standard, something ridiculous like GCGBDE. A ridiculous tuning for a ridiculous guitar. I mean ridiculous in the positive sense, however. XD
Quote by Ragu35
It looks cool. Relax everybody. Just because it doesn't look like a strat or a les paul doesn't mean people can't like it. Y'all gotta chill and admit that it is kinda cool looking.
It's not cool looking though. It looks retarded and anybody playing it will look like the worst kind of D&D loving nerd around. It looks like the sort of guitar played by people who own t-shirts with pictures of wolves printed on them.
Quote by grohl1987
It's not cool looking though. It looks retarded and anybody playing it will look like the worst kind of D&D loving nerd around. It looks like the sort of guitar played by people who own t-shirts with pictures of wolves printed on them.

In your opinion.
Quote by grohl1987

Precisely; V shapes, Xiphos, Iceman, are all different from LP's and Strats and are loved by many, but this is.......just fugly!
TESTAMENT, SCAR SYMMETRY......SELF EXPLANATORY

ALEX SKOLNICK, PER NILSSON........ADULATION MANDATORY

Gear: JACKSON RR3

Member#25 of the IRON MAIDEN ARE GODS CLUB. PM Revelations to Join
Quote by Ginsu
In your opinion.
No, it's a fact that anyone who plays a guitar shaped like a sword with angel wings is going to keep their virginity in tact for many years to come.
Quote by grohl1987
No, it's a fact that anyone who plays a guitar shaped like a sword with angel wings is going to keep their virginity in tact for many years to come.

Gotta keep pure for the princess, dude.
Quote by grohl1987

Apart from the fact that it's an ESP custom made for a japanese visual kei guitarist... he probably gets more pussy than 99% of this forum put together. But you know, apart from that you're totally right.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Apart from the fact that it's an ESP custom made for a japanese visual kei guitarist... he probably gets more pussy than 99% of this forum put together. But you know, apart from that you're totally right.

Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr

The guitar is not only ass-ugly(my opinion), but I can tell by looking at it that its rather impractical for your standard guitar player (fact)

If it were infact practical, im sure that TS could of originally found a video of it in action.
Needless to say, such a video has not been produced by this thread, or else we would all be making fun of the douchebag playing it.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by Vypor
The guitar is not only ass-ugly(my opinion), but I can tell by looking at it that its rather impractical for your standard guitar player (fact)

If it were infact practical, im sure that TS could of originally found a video of it in action.
Needless to say, such a video has not been produced by this thread, or else we would all be making fun of the douchebag playing it.

The sweeping generalizations that you can label a person as a douchebag just by the kind of guitar he's playing just goes to show how immature you are.
Quote by IMTHAMAN01013
I named my guitar after my GF once... It was tempremental, the neck was too fat, and I couldn't turn down the volume, just like her...
Quote by Vypor

No doubt, I think it's fucking horrible as well but to say that only teenage virgins play it when it is in fact the custom guitar of a horrifically successful Japanese guitarist is just wrong.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Ragu35
The sweeping generalizations that you can label a person as a douchebag just by the kind of guitar he's playing just goes to show how immature you are.

Oh right, and you can't make a generalization about someone who is obviously playing D&D or somebody that listens to Justin Bieber either without being immature right?

Didn't mean to offend you or anything man, if you like the guitar so much by all means I think you should buy it, maybe you can post a video of you playing it for us?
Quote by grohl1987

Wait... What's wrong with D&D?

Also, on topic, I wouldn't pay for the guitar, but I'd play it, for sure.
Dude, why the D&D hate? Just because i play D&D and think i sword guitar looks cool im instantly a virgin loser? wtf dude. I think we found the douche of the thread here
Quote by shecter guy
Dude, why the D&D hate? Just because i play D&D and think i sword guitar looks cool im instantly a virgin loser? wtf dude. I think we found the douche of the thread here

+1

love dnd online.... now those dnd board game players are a bunch of fags....

jk. love. i played the board game, it was fun to do
Quote by shecter guy

I was contemplating how to reply to that guy, but I think this is 'nuff said.

I don't play D&D, and I don't like the guitar either, but I'm not going to rain hate or even think twice, really, about people who do. Looks like someone has some insecurity issues to me...
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Page 1 of 2