I'm just looking to purchase a power conditioner for my rig and wondering if anyone knows anything about the Samson PS10?

I need it to protect my gear in case of problems like power surges etc, and need it to power my amp, pedalboard, and probably a couple of other units I'll be adding to my gear.

If anyone has any experiences with the unit or knows if it does the things I want then I'd be very grateful!

Thanks!
Jackson, Peavey, Line 6 <3
That actually does look like a much better buy, given the tiny difference in price.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "triple-mode Varistor spike and surge protection" mentioned on that one mean?

Thanks for the help!
Quote by NetherSpirit
That actually does look like a much better buy, given the tiny difference in price.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does "triple-mode Varistor spike and surge protection" mentioned on that one mean?

Thanks for the help!

My rough translation is this:

"Flux capacitor to prevent sexy explosion of bugeras" Other than that I have no clue This will help though: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surge_protector

I look for a few things in a power conditioner:

1. Surge protection
2. Power conditioning
3. Indicator of activity
(4). Lights
(5). Enough outlets

As long as it has those, you can't go wrong imo. In the end its a glorified power outlet with surge protection.

I know for example a lot of people go with Furman, although I never really figured out why.

I have this one myself, and no complaints

WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 8, 2011,
Hmm, I think I shall be getting one in the next few days then.

How many rack units does it take up, out curiosity?
Quote by NetherSpirit
Hmm, I think I shall be getting one in the next few days then.

How many rack units does it take up, out curiosity?

Its 1u.
WTLTL 2011
I should probably note that you get what you pay for. A higher end power conditioner might well offer more protection than something cheap. I would assume at has a higher quality, more reliable system to protect against surges. Either way, the phonic has yet to fail me. Lost some rack gear to a surge before, so keeping that stuff safe is a good investment. Haven't had any damage since the phonic.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Oct 8, 2011,