Ive just started doing simple recordings which i posted on my profile and i would really like some peoples opinions on my tone.

My playing isnt exactly amazing as i havent played no impressive solos or anything as i just want to show you guys the quality/tone of my two recording. I was aiming for a mordern metal tone. Heres the set up i used:

Ibanez rgr321ex (Drop C#) ----> Digitech grunge ---------> Computer (Line in) -----------> Recorded on Audacity (Double tracked the my guitar and panned one to the left and the other to the right)

Hope you like

Gear:
Vintage VRS100
Marshall avt50h
Marshall haze cab
Vox ac15vr
Joyo Hot plexi pedal
Behringer SP400 phase shifter
Guitar tech analog delay
Vox Pathfinder 10
What kind of modern metal are you aiming for? For most things I'd say you'd want to reduce the bass a little - sounds fine on its own, but it'd really clutter up a mix if you wanted to start recording full songs.

I notice from your profile you're into bands like FFAF and Lotprophets, in which case this tone would be good start. If you're after a slightly more 'metullzz' sound, I'd recommend boosting some high mids if you can, should make it cut through a bit more and sound a bit more focused, with a ton more clarity.

Still it's good for a first try!

Take a listen to mine if you get the time!

My Bands

Latest Original Recording
Im not exactly sure what kind of tone i was specifically after. I was aware that in a mix i would tone it down as i hope to record other instruments later on in life but thanks for your feedback!

oh and also had a quick listen and fought the work on your stuff was great, really long yet executed really well and the riffs do work well but i my personally i think you could have differant tones to some of the parts like the intro to that fast part in order to make it more atmospheric and stuff.

Gear:
Vintage VRS100
Marshall avt50h
Marshall haze cab
Vox ac15vr
Joyo Hot plexi pedal
Behringer SP400 phase shifter
Guitar tech analog delay
Vox Pathfinder 10