Hi there. I'm looking for an unexpensive guitar with floyd rose of course. I looked for these guitars but I don't know what could be the best choice for me. You know I play heavy metal, prog metal and those kinda of stuff. BTW these are the guitars:

1. ESP MH-50 W/TREMOLO (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-mh-50-electric-guitar-with-tremolo/516688000001317)

2. ESP LTD M-100FM (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-m-100fm-electric-guitar)

And the Ibanez GRGA32T

So guys what you think will be the best choice for me?
Last edited by sacguitar96 at Oct 8, 2011,
They are very similar. I would guess that the M-100FM would be a bit brighter and have better sustain (because of the maple top). I think the MH would have a bit of a darker tone, and those guitars a very comfy when playing. I would choose the M just because the Basswood body and Maple tod would be a more balanced sound.
on ltd models, the higher number the higher the quality instrument is the general rule. this fight is between the m-100 and the ibby.

i own an m-50... the m-100 isnt that big of an improvement and i would HIGHLY discourage getting a guitar this cheap with a floating tremolo due to the fact that you wouldnt be able to have all the functionality regarding tuning stability after use of the said trem.

and also..... we dont know wtf u like go play the guitars
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
You could have asked this in your other thread.
But again, go used. Those guitars aren't really very good and you will be sick of them in no time.
Quote by marianoarnaiz
They are very similar. I would guess that the M-100FM would be a bit brighter and have better sustain (because of the maple top). I think the MH would have a bit of a darker tone, and those guitars a very comfy when playing. I would choose the M just because the Basswood body and Maple tod would be a more balanced sound.

$5 says the "Flamed maple top" is just a veneer that has next to no impact on he tone whatsoever.

TS, at that price range the last thing you want is a Floyd Rose bridge. Find a guitar with a fixed bridge, then come back.

Any Floyd will wear out on you quickly and it's not worth the hassle.
Quote by Pac_man0123
$5 says the "Flamed maple top" is just a veneer that has next to no impact on he tone whatsoever.

ill put down $10
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by EspTro
Quote by Pac_man0123
ill put down $10

Looks like you guys might owe somebody $15, cause it has no, not next to, impact.

Anyway, don't get the one with the LFR
Where's Waldo?
Last edited by chadreed32 at Oct 8, 2011,
Get the 100FM. I use to have one and the neck was nearly perfect on it. I regret trading it off. And regardless of what these people say the LFR is good on it. Mine never went out of tune and I did a lot of dime squeals on it.
Last edited by Darkdevil725 at Oct 9, 2011,
I would get one of the ltd's and replace the stock pickups with EMG's. This is just a personal opinion, the stock pickups on the ltd's are pretty good themselves but a pickup upgrade would make the guitar pretty awesome.
RIG:

Yamaha EG112
Fender Frontman 25R
Boss DS-2

Soon:
ESP LTD MH-50
Peavey Vypyr 30W
I am an owner of the Ibanez and honestly it is quite a nice guitar. I have a MIJ RG550 to compare it to and while their necks are quite a bit different it still plays quite nicely.

Some big issues with it that I have had to sort out though. First obviously the trem isn't too great. It was alright at first but dulled fairly quickly. However, once I blocked the thing it is completely rock solid tuning wise. I blocked it in such a way so it can at least dive. Never goes out of tune.

The other main issue with it is the pickups. They are pretty awful. For a little bit of cash though you could easily replace them with good ones, that is what I did and now it sounds pretty fantastic.

The neck is not your typical ibanez neck, it is quite thick. The frets on it are mediums, so if you prefer bigger frets then don't get this one.

Overall I am fairly happy with the guitar though. For a cheaper model guitar I find its fit/finish to be surprisingly good once you work out the trem and pickups.
Quote by DimebagZappa
Me too. My 1000$ Torero has a veneer. Not much hope ere.

My $550 Les paul has a veneer too. So it's pretty much guaranteed lol
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)