Got my new amp and cab finally. AS you can see it is a B52-At-100 and Marshall 4x12 cab. The B-52 is a pretty killer amp for the price. I picked up the amp and cab for $400. The amp has count em (6) 12AX7 Preamp Tubes, (1) 12AT7 Reverb Tube(4) 6L6 Power Tubes and (1) 5AR4 Rectifier tube. This thing has a ton of bottom end. I have pretty much done away with all my pedals except my Hush because of the high gain hiss, my tuner, and delay. I am still doing some tweaking but I was able to get a useable sound in about 10-15 minutes. It has three channels each with its own volume. The lean channel has a lot of headroom and little break up and its own EQ. It has two gain channels that share an EQ and a contour setting that can be turned on or off for each channel each channel has its own gain and volume. There is a Master Resonance, Reverb and Volume. The amp is switchable between 4, 8, & 16 ohms ans can be run in stereo. It includes a Effects loops with level controls on the input and output. One of the coolest setting on the amp is the TRi-mode Switch on the back that switches the fro TUBE A to AB or Solid State. The tubes could definitely be changed to sound better as they are cheap Chinese tubes but for now i think I will just play it (considering the nearly $200 it would cost to change the tubes ) That is the biggest draw back I can see to this amp at the moment. I did get the three button foots witch with it that controls the channels, reverb and switched between the gain channels. They call this amp the poor mans boogie. I don't know if I would go that far but for the price it is darn sure close enough for me.
Attachments:
B-52 sized.jpg
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
Last edited by dsbcc at Oct 8, 2011,
Good Chinese valves are easily as good as anything coming out of the Russian New Sensor factories. The old Chinese valves were pretty bad but the new crop aren't bad at all. Still, they aint no JJ or SED.

What cab is that? It looks suspiciously like an AVT or MG. If so, that's probably more important to upgrade than the valves.

HNAD
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Nice one mate as Cath said, if it's an MG cab that'd be your priority to change rather than the valves. Have a look at thomann for a Harley Benton cab. They go for dirt cheap and most come stock with Celestion V30's.

HNAD/HNCD
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
It is a MG but for $400 for the pair I was going to gripe over the cab. I plan on selling this cab and my combo and get another one but it will have to do for now.
Jackson DK2M w/ EMG 81/60
Ibanez ARZ 800 w/EMG 81/60
B52 AT-100
Marshall 4x12 cab
BBE Sonic Stomp
Boss DD7 Delay
Boss NS2
MXR 10 Band EQ
Polytune
change the preamp tubes to jjs, then flip the MG cab.

find a guy selling a crate bloo voodoo cab and trade him by putting a "WTB blue voodoo cab" ad out there . offer up a trade and they'll fall for the "marshall" logo.

bloo vodoo cabs are actually pretty good. most came with vintage 30s and are actually well built cabs.

I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
JJ preamp tubes is a fine idea. I quite like Shuguang output tubes, I'd leave those in there until they break.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I think the B52 AT series is a great amp for the price.

Question: For the life of me I could never figure out the difference between the two gain channels. Can you?

I'm with the others though - don't spend another dime on anything until you get the cab replaced. The B52 cabs are not too bad either.

HNATD
HNGD!!!! But you're going to spend around $200 to change all the tubes!!! One reason I hate these amps.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?