Poll: Things start to go wrong at 20?
Poll Options
View poll results: Things start to go wrong at 20?
Yes i've noticed this too TS
67 31%
Yes but only slightly
34 16%
Not much change either way as far as i can tell
46 21%
No, i think they get slightly better if anything
37 17%
No, things improve a lot
34 16%
Voters: 218.
Page 1 of 8
The basic summary of what me and a friend were talking about the other day, got me thinking, is this true?

I mean the reason this came up in conversation was we were discussing our various problems in life, different things but one thing i've noticed and he said he'd noticed too is that when people seem to reach 20, or near enough (this age bracket in general), they start to get a lot of troubles in life and become more miserable due to this.
It does seem as if everything starts to get a bit 'much' at around this time, i believe this is sometimes called a 'quarter life crisis' but it seems to me that this 'crisis' never really ends and it just carrys on till it gets called a 'mid life crisis' eventually. :|
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quarter-life_crisis

Thoughts? Does it all go downhill from here? Is it just this generation or do the pit fossils feel the same?

edit: considering making the poll only 3 options instead of this way. >.>
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Oct 8, 2011,
penis
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
makes sense, but i think if your well off in life, maybe youll be more confident and not have many problems? i dunno though.
Music is a universal language and it need not be translated, with it soul speaks to soul.
I'm 19, turning 20 in April.

Shit.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Oh my.
Pardon me. I'm going to go laugh my ass off for a couple of hours.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
no everything is already wrong at all times

the time you notice it is incidental and arbitrary and stupid to notate considering the power of suggestion and a measure of how fast you can pick up what's really going on
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Where's the 'I'm under 20' poll option?
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
As a pit fossil, I can tell you that from my experience in my early 20s, yes you do have a lot more to take on - a regular job, a place to live on your own, girlfriends, etc. It is a bit more complicated, but I wouldn't say that it's worse than being a teenager. I think that it was actually better.

Mid 20s to early 30s were an absolute blast. I can't say much more than that since I won't hit 40 and the mid life crisis for a bit, but I think that, in general, life is what you make it.

Now quit whining, go find a job, and get on with it.
Last edited by stoic at Oct 8, 2011,
I wonder if it's instantaneous?

'Happy Birthday!!!!!!.....Oh no, your father just spontaneously combusted and set fire to your house........You're adopted.'
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
I'm gonna go ahead and bring up the latest South Park episodes. I'm 20, and I'm a sarcastic, cynical asshole. That's not a recent development, though. However, once you're out of those "teen" years, and you're not exactly an adult, things seem a little... "shitty." Does it mean everything is really shit? No, but it'll seem that way for a while.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I'm 20 in 18 days and it feels like i'm at the highest point of my life at the moment. Doing a course I love, got some really good friends, freedoms i've not had before, etc.
I'm 19, don't think I've ever been happier.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I turned 20, moved to Australia, started Uni here, got an awesome girlfriend, have more money now, have a better car, I'm healthier, fitter than I was before.

Everything got awesome when I turned 20
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
Quote by Zoot Allures
I don't mean 20 as in, directly as soon as you get to 20, i mean around this age more or less.

Well that's growin' up, man. At some point you gotta think about what you're gonna do with yr life, and maybe you start havin' romantic & sexual feelings, and maybe you have an existential crisis 'cuz yr thought process goes deeper than boner jokes. Of course shit's gonna get heavier around then.
I'll be 20 next year.

I think it's just the stress of having to live as a proper adult. It's not that things get harder, but you have an epiphany about your life.
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by neidnarb11890
Well that's growin' up, man. At some point you gotta think about what you're gonna do with yr life, and maybe you start havin' romantic & sexual feelings, and maybe you have an existential crisis 'cuz yr thought process goes deeper than boner jokes. Of course shit's gonna get heavier around then.

I think you're supposed to start havin' them before 20.
Quote by neidnarb11890

Maybe just alter your diet?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by Jackal58
Oh my.

if life starts going downhill at 20, i'd hate to imagine how far down it's gone for you.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Well I'm almost 22 and I think it's been pretty goooooooooooood. Definitely scarier now, but exciting too. I like it it. Sometimes I think how nice it would be to be a teenager again just to have no real responsibilities, but then I realize...ew...I don't wanna be a little fagrat. So yea, 20s rock.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Jackal58
Oh my.

This. I think.

Old people are always right.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
18 but my entire life has been fairly subpar. Let's see if it gets worse.
Life went down hill since i was 18-19 once i left college, all the time in my youth i wanted to get older crack on, now im older ive never felt more alone and lifeless.

The way I see it:

It's when the monumental changes happen in your life.

Age ~20: You're out of school. You either go to college, or you're employed. You're moving out of your parents' house, you're entering the real world. You prepare for these moments, but nothing REALLY prepares you. It's a shitty feeling, and, sometimes, a shitty time. You're going to go through some emotional hiccups from the sheer shock of change.

*insert the years where you actually cope with life, become independent, and living happily, or, at least, mostly so*

Age ~35: Midlife crisis. You're working to survive. You're questioning your life choices. Regrets? Maybe (morethanlikely). Kids, probably. Thinking about raising them while staying mentally sane, and happy. Might even have bad financial strain, which creates emotional problems, etc.

Basically, "quarter life" crisis is the strain and emotional tolerance to starting your own life as an individual in this world, more than likely apart from any direct help.

Midlife crisis deals with staring at the life you've made, and being (almost) too old to do anything about it, if you can at all.

etc. etc. etc.

That's just how I see it. It's an emotional lifelong roller coaster of naturally happy and sad times. Reality checks, realizations, and so on.

Then again, I'm only 20, and in no way qualified to make such claims. What do I know?
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Things change, and you get more responsibilities. Deal with it, enjoy life. As a member of this generation, I can say a lot of people my age are whiny and don't put much effort into anything, and tend to shirk responsibility. Maybe they'll mature as they get older, or maybe they'll continue being miserable, but it's nobody's fault but their own. As someone already mentioned, life is what you make it.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by Jackal58
Oh my.

No you're not. Stop lying.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
going wrong?

no, life starts.

stop being so angsty emo kid.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
When I turned 18 (Drinking age for the non backwards-ass countries) everything was awesome for about 3 or 4 months. Then I got bored of partying and now I'm 19 and I'm thinking about all the responsibility I'm going to have soon and it's well shit.
Everything started to go wrong when I was 6....which is my quarter life crisis, so I will die soon.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
The whole "Quarter life crisis" seems a little ridiculous to me to be honest.

I'm 24 and yes you start being a proper adult but you don't have to worry about that many things like a mortgage, your retirement, etc. I still feel pumped up by the things I want to do and the possibilities out there.

To me life gets better around this age group, you are independent and have more control. Yes you start dealing with the real world but that is also fun.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Steam/XBL Gamertag: Ostinattos

Why not Zoidberg?

Note: Every time someone posts <3 all I see is testicles with a party hat.
Things get exponentially better my friend.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
Once you finish high school, your life becomes hell.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer