Like the way NOFX or Blink-182's first two albums.
it sounds like dunna da dunna da dunna da dunna. only way to describe it. sorry for my nubbyness. I am aware of my condition.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Metalic Demon
could you link to a video that features the "dunna da dunna"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6axOY4PBusk
00:15-rest of song, the guitar in it.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
in that song, it sounds to me like the guitarist is just alternate strumming quavers, the dunna da dunna da comes from a combination of the bass drum and the bass guitar using semiquaver triplets every now and again.

If you dont know how to alternative pick Im sure there are loads of tutorials out there on this website to show you. what the guitarist is doing here should be easy to work out with practice.
Yeah, Down down-up-down, Down down-up-down. Sorry, but thats the only way to describe it really.
Dude, where's my band?
tell me what riff form blink .. give me example and ill tell you how to play it .. i play every song from blink ( the one a likes ) from chesire cat to self titled album . and i know them by heart .

tell me what riff you want to play .. ill tell you .

linoleum is a powerchord on the 7th frets of 5th string . and you alternate picking with slight palmmuting in it . but at 00:15 seocnd its a powerchord but leave the string empty under the lowest string but mute it . . . i hope you know what a powerchord is .

so the variant of the powerchord is

--x

instead of

thats for your fretting hand .. the picking hand is UP and down strumming .
one of the most popular form of powerchord in pop punk . sum 41 , blink 182 ( the anthem part 2 ) sum 41 - summer ( main riff 10 second )

thank god i learn master of puppets and metallica before playing blink 182 etc.. so now it sound like a breeze .

my opinion .. no offense .. punk rock , grunge etc ,, green day and those easy powerchord will lead you almost nowhere in your technique .. im a huge fan of that music .. but i chose to play metallica stuff and now .. every punk song seem so easy

i dont regret that .. learn to palmuting /downstrokes like james hetfield , youll understand every punk rock riff after that .

sum 41 - summer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE4nQtkgO3Y

the riff at 13 second is the type of chord im telling ya .

your powerchord will sound different .. i put an X cause that string must not ring .. its mute by either your index or the ring tip of your ring finger .. make sure the X string doesnt ring .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Oct 10, 2011,