Someone I know is selling an ESP LTD F-200 with an 30W amp for $200 (USD) total. I've never owned a guitar (I play bass) but I'm considering buying it to learn. Is this a good deal? Anyone know anything about the F-200?

Tbh, the look isn't really my cup of tea, but if it's a decent quality guitar, I don't really care.
Its standard price, really (though variation makes it hard to tell). It comes with an amp, which probably sounds pretty bad, but 200 bucks and you've got yourself enough to start playing guitar. I guess its a "good deal".
Where's Waldo?
Yeah, that actually is a good deal.

Do you know what amp it is? I know the guitar sold for $450 new.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
If it has a floyd rose on it, you may want to consider a different option for your first guitar. Yeah, it's a quality piece, no doubt. But unless you're good with maintenance and tech, it'll be a bit of a headache.
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
Quote by ThrashMetal014
If it has a floyd rose on it, you may want to consider a different option for your first guitar. Yeah, it's a quality piece, no doubt. But unless you're good with maintenance and tech, it'll be a bit of a headache.

I hadn't considered that, actually. Thanks for the advice.
I have the F-50. Not a bad guitar at all for its price, haha, I've actually considered trading it for an F-200 (I like the floyds)
ESP/LTD F-50
1989 Kramer Showster
Rogue RADH Acoustic
Fender CD-60 Acoustic
Washburn XB-100 4 string
Peavey Millenium AC BXP
Fender Rumble 150
Crate BV60H Head
Crate BV412 Cab
Vox AD15VT
It's not a good deal if you don't like the way the guitar looks. You can get other Korean made guitars all day in that price range, or even less, that might suit you better.