Made a trip down to Sacramento today to visit a college for my little brother, and decided to stop off at Guitar Center for a few minutes just to check if they had anything cool in stock.

They did.

A used EBMM Silhouette. Paid $700 out the door for it. Forgot to haggle for strings or strap-locks though. D: No idea what year it was made in, but it seems to be older, seeing as it still has the 6 bolt neck instead of the 5 bolts guitar center and musicians friend say they have.

So far, I'm liking the sound. It's a welcome change from my Schecter. Not to say the Schecter sounds bad, but it just lacks that open, airyness I want out of my guitars. Which is exactly what this guitar gets me. A nice, open, airy tone that sounds great clean, crunchy, or through a massive thick wall of fuzz. And that's just with 10's on it. I like 12s on my 6's.

Being used, it has a few scuffs here and there. Especially the back. The front is nearly perfect, with pick scratches here and there. But the back is messed up with really bad buckle rash. And there is a weird black tarry crap on the back, but I'm not quite sure how to get it off without ****ing it up. Anyone have any suggestions?

TL;DR: Cost $650, best guitar I own at the moment.
Schecter Hellraiser C7 FR/Bareknuckle Cold Sweat/Liquifire
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
It's actually a lot darker and slightly see through in person.
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
you should pop up a picture of the black stuff on the back so we can try to advise you on how to remove it.

HNGD! what a steal
Quote by Duv
And smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.

Quote by guitarxo
I hope you get raped by a bayonet

Quote by beckyjc
Roland Cube / Vox Valvetronix / Peavey Vypyr / Hitler > Line 6 Spider.
It's looks almost like tar or sticker residue. It wiped off a little when i was shining the guitar, but theres still a bit left. I've heard the WD40 trick for sticker sticky, but not sure if that will mess up the finish.
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Adhesive remover should work. Pick it up at any local hardware store.
Where's Waldo?
Quote by shaggydogJV
Made a trip down to Sacramento today to visit a college for my little brother

Way to slack off on the job......
HNGD!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
congrats, looks nice.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Totally dig how the price you paid for the guitar went down 50 bucks by the time the photos were posted :P. How'd you manage that?

Happy NGD, EBMM makes some quality stuff.
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Love Music Mans. I've wanted a JP6 Mystic Dream forever, just always out of my price range.
Not usually a fan of Music Mans, but that is very sexy. HNGD
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
Nice! I'm thinking about picking up a Silo sometime.

Oh, and if you go on the EBMM forums you can find deals sort of close to that. Not quite as cheap but still under $1000 for a Silo. Still a helluva deal though

Tell your brother to go to Chico! Best two years of my life.

I was there for four, but I only remeber about half of it.
Quote by leo4sf
Tell your brother to go to Chico! Best two years of my life.

I was there for four, but I only remeber about half of it.

We live in chico.

He's going to Wyotech for automotive repair though, and I went with him to check out the campus.

And chico state is over-rated, I'm getting the same education at Butte for 1/10th the price.
Godin A12 - For Sale
1991 EBMM Silhouette
Emperor 2x12

7+>6, ERG Legion

Like going fast?
Nice guitar. Go on EB/MM Forum in the Music Man Guitar section and there is a sticky thread where you post your guitars serial # and they'll respond with a D.O.B. in about a day.

By the way got any photos of the back? and of the neckplate?
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Sweet guitar. Whats the neck like? Always wanted to try some balls but nobody sells them.
Happy NGD!
nice score pal! any idea what pickups are in it?

as far as the black gunk on the back, id suggest carefully using a razor blade to scrape it off, and it will help if you have the stuff wet with, say, guitar polish.

moar pics of the back! i wanna see what the heel looks like.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab