Page 1 of 2
Only with a few of the things I wear. But for the most part, no. I live in a college town, and the number of hipsters here is disgusting. It's the dumbest thing. "Hey guys have you heard this super cool indie band? It's just a bunch of dudes hitting silverware on pots and pans! super original"...
Actually calling yourself a hipster is so mainstream. Sorry I couldn't resist
Quote by Stranglehold
That's it, you're all banned.

Quote by stevebomb
If I wanted to listen to something slow, I'd play some hippie music.
Quote by due 07
What's a hipster?

You quote Andrew Jackson Jihad and you don't know what a hipster is? You are either a bad troll or a dumb chump.

I consider myself a hipster compared to my friends. I am not proud of it, but I do enjoy Animal Collective every now and then. However, I never read Pitchfork. Make of it what you will.

http://dustinland.com/archives/archives464.html

This seems very true, although I don't know where on the chart I'd fall.
Compared to the other ppl in my town, yes. They literally only listen to most music because everyone else does, while I listen to it because I like it.
Quote by Taargus
You quote Andrew Jackson Jihad and you don't know what a hipster is? You are either a bad troll or a dumb chump.

You call me a chump or a "troll" (whatever the fuck that new hipster word means), but we're united through our reciprocal first generation Pokémon avatars? For shame, Taargus.
Compared to the people where I live I suppose I have typical hipster music sensibilities and dress, so i'm fairly "hipster" around them. But around actual hipsters i'm nothing more than a fake
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by C.Burnzy
Compared to the other ppl in my town, yes. They literally only listen to most music because everyone else does, while I listen to it because I like it.

That doesn't make you a hipster. That makes you a true and honest music fan. Which is the best way to be.
Quote by RawPower218
This question is so catch-22. If you say you're not a hipster it makes you a hipster.

I don't believe it does.

I say no, I'm not a hipster. Because I listen to any music, mainstream, underground, old, new, uncool, cool or whatever. And if I like it, then I like it. Regardless if it's mainstream or whatever.

A hipster wont admit to liking a band if they're mainstream. Or if a band they like reaches a mainstream audience, they stop listening to them, labelling them as sellouts.
I'm just a guy who likes to rock'n'roll
I'm just a guy who likes to get drunk
I'm just a guy who likes to dress punk
Get my kicks & live my liiiiife
Quote by █▐▌█▐▌
This is why you're my favorite post-on-the-internet person EVER.

I'm too good at math to be a hipster.

Your name is p hipster though, I noticed you knew it'd be too mainstream for letters in it.
Well the thing is the first rule to being a hipster is denying that you're a hipster when asked, so you can't technically be a hipster when you say you're a hipster.

*lol unnecessary comment*
Quote by KTFM
Hipster's way too mainstream for me, these days. I was hipster well before all those posers ruined it.

Like back in the day when it was just a genre which muso's, skaters and artists listened to... oh well, at least punk isnt getting raped anymore.
As some others in this thread have said, I'm kiiiind of a relative hipster. Some of the things I listen to and like could be classified as "Hipster stuff" but it's not like I listen to the music I listen to because people will think I'm cool if I do. When you're in a town where hardly anyone listens to anything besides top 40 stuff and country, listening to Radiohead and other "weird" music automatically makes you different, even if the people here don't know what a hipster is.

Also, fairly sure one of my friends/bandmates thinks I'm a closet hipster, but we're bros so it's cool.
meh, not really. I wear converse/flannel and tshirt or thermal or just tshirt/jeans and i like indie music a lot. but that's about it, I don't really have the 'hipster mentality'
Quote by Green_Ghoul
meh, not really. I wear converse/flannel and tshirt or thermal or just tshirt/jeans and i like indie music a lot. but that's about it, I don't really have the 'hipster mentality'

This. People would classify me as a hipster if they didn't take the time to note that I don't think I'm a superior human being because I listen to music that isn't on the radio
I listen to hipster music, I like it. I listen to mainstream music, I also like it. I wear flannel shirts, I like them. I wear normal clothes, I also like them. I'm like some kind of odd hybrid. :/
I like trains.
This thread is great.

10/10
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
I wear ironic animal t-shirts, indulge in post modern authors, like top 40 dance music, world music, and sonic youth. I stopped caring what people thought of me and just like what I like.

also I have glasses like Malcom X
Page 1 of 2